Chapter 15

After guiding Coach and Asami back to the practice room, immediately, I was welcomed by loving embraces and bumbling bantering, sighing once I realized it was Kenji and Hitoshi complaining about something along the lines of they're teasing him, and I needed to teach them a lesson by kicking their ass. I glimpsed up to recognize an old colleague and a casual smile among a thoughtful look in his eyes; I started teared up a bit while the two pulled away. I fell to my knees, disregarded the little pain within them, and the maroon haired figure approached before squatting down in front of me.

"Hey, shortie, long time no see."

"I see you're still the same idiotic friend, Haru," I commented, sweeping my leg under his legs, knocking him off his feet and causing him to land on his ass. "who hasn't messaged nor called because I wasn't worried or wanted to see how you were doing ever since I left; Not to mention, let his guard down when he knows better."

Aikawa Haru, a cocky idiot who dedicated his life to becoming a famous swimmer and being the son of a renowned technology CEO, along with having to deal with countless daughters of other business CEOs due to business connections; However, that didn't stop us from cracking jokes and making sarcastic comments to ourselves during various occasions such as parties and competitions. He always made me feel at ease and comfortable to be in a room full of wealthy people. That was a difficult thing for me to face when I first transferred, being surrounded by numerous children and relatives of wealthy people as the room almost felt as if I could suffocate just from the thick tension. Yet there I was, a commoner who had no wealth to her name, at a prestigious school with numerous rich kids who look down or are clueless about commoners and their lives.

"You haven't changed much, shortie, still the same ever since junior high. Let's not focus on the past and focus on what we have in front of us? I'll treat you to some coffee later, okay?"

"Alright," I responded, wiping my tears carefully, attempting not to smudge my makeup before being lifted likely by Ryu, and he handed me his handkerchief to wipe my tears. "You better have been working on the choreography, Twinkletoes."

"Ah, there's my favorite shortie of a captain~" Haru taunted jokingly with a cheeky grin on his appearance before making me shift from my usual self to back to my pissed off appearance. I leaped, ready to kick his ass; however, Ryu held me in his arms again as I flailed frantically within his arms and cussed in numerous foreign languages at Haru, who laughed his ass off as usual. To others, this would be concerning; however, this is the usual banter we would have, and our friendship consists of one getting on the others' nerves.

"Please, my lovely children," Dimitri intervened. "Daddy doesn't want two of his wonderful children arguing; instead, we must love each other and set aside our disagreements-"Adrian caught Dimitri after accidentally hitting my instructor in the gut with my fist during heated banter between Haru and I. Dimitri additionally tends to treat all of us as his own children and act as the father of our mischievous band of teenagers, even though we tend to give him a hard time; however, he knows we greatly appreciate him.

After several minutes that it took for the two of us to stop bantering with each other and immediately apologized to Dimitri, We started rehearsing our choreography for the exposition for a couple of hours before calling it a day. I changed out of the heels into my knee-high boots, removing the makeup with a makeup wipe and mentally conversed with myself what to make for dinner. I step out of the dance studio while folding my black blazer to see Kyoya, leaning against one of the walls, which would seem he was waiting for me to get out of practice; however, something seems to be bothering him.