Chapter 4

Today at the host club, we all wore traditional Japanese kimonos, and I need to present my kindnesses to Mrs. Hitachiin for the gorgeous design that she chose to make for the kimono. This kimono had a darkish navy blue with white lotuses all over it, and inside the petals were miniature snowflakes. I couldn't resist but gaze upon the detailed design of the kimono and ran my fingertips over the sleeve, outlining several stitch lines of it.

"Uh...Ren, are you alright?" A voice broke my train of thoughts to see a few of my guests.

"You appear to be in deep thought, what's troubling you?"

"Oh, nothing, ladies," I smiled softly, causing them swoon. "I appreciate the breathtaking skills of the twins' mother set in this enchanting kimono. Enough of me and my viewpoints, How're you doing today?"

"Quite delightful," One expressed as the others agreed. "Are you letting your hair grow out?"

"Just a little," I answered, stretching my hand over the back of my neck. The only reason I chose growing it out was for dance, but that's for later. I apprehended a hair tie and commenced on fixing it up. "I apologize if it irritates you, ladies-"

"No, please don't fix it up!" One of them pleaded.

"Your long hair looks beautiful."

"It's so bizarre, and unlike others' hair color, I've seen! I'm sorry if I insulted you-"

"No, it's alright, besides for the longest of time, I've acquired remarks about my hair, and I never regarded their judgment if someone shunned my hair color. Just hearing you say that made my heart flutter, and I'm charmed you believe so."

"It's different for guys to have long hair, I've overheard that some are disconcerted about being mistaken for girl or feminine and how did you respond to people overlooking you for a woman, Ren? Has it happened to you before?"

"To be completely straightforward with you all, I never worried about what gender people assumed I was because one shouldn't judge another based on their gender, but for who they are as a human being. Of course, though, that never stopped me from wearing things that I wanted to wear to show who I am, and I continue to wear my earrings and rings because I recognize that it's okay to cherish things that others may not appreciate."

"Any tips on how to get guys' attention?"

"Stay yourself is all I ought to say because those who are striving to be or copy another, they'll undeviatingly lose their morals and personality. Be honest because it will reveal to another that they can entrust you with what they may tell you."

"Thanks, Ren, See you next time!" They all called as they left, I grinned and cleaned up my small tea set, then placed the dishes on the platter. I decided to wander around with my camera and capture some photographs of the hosts, I head over to Haruhi to see girls fawning over how Haruhi looked like a girl in the kimono, and I greeted them before capturing a photograph of Haruhi in her kimono then showed her.

"You two had been having a steady flow of new customers lately, keep up the good work, and I won't charge you interest on your debt like I normally do," Kyoya grinned with roses circling him. Being acquaintances with Kyoya and somewhat working with him, there's always a punch line to these situations. "But the rental fee on those kimonos you're wearing is nothing to sneeze at."

I felt a significant chill down my spine at what he said and his calm appearance and kept to myself as I peruse through the photos I had on my camera.

"Are you planning to release any more picture books of the host club? One of the ladies asked.

"Unfortunately, we don't have anything planned at present, ladies," Kyoya apologized with a charming smile.