Chapter 13

I turned towards the yell, one of our customers was rushing towards us with a panicked expression, also out of the corner of my vision, everything including time itself gradually slowed down, acknowledging the scene before me. Haruhi was near the edge of the cliff and a pissed off man holding the scruff of her shirt.

Immediately, I ran towards the cliff full speed, forgetting about Kyoya and the girl without consideration, and overheard her shout before a sound of a splash. I felt my entire appearance and atmosphere shift entirely as I approached the top of the rocks to see the twins beating up on the two guys individually, but just as I was nearly ready to dive off the cliff-edge to rescue her, a firm hand grasped my upper arm tightly.

"Tamaki already is rescuing her, she'll be alright," I overheard Kyoya's stern calm voice, maintaining a hold on my arm. Once he let go of my arm, I gradually turned to the twins and scowled at the two drunk bastards with the inferior aroma of liquor. The twins noticed my intense glare and released the two from their clutches before lining up behind me as I popped my knuckles while maintaining my darkened scowl, which terrified them even more and looked unprepared for the shit I was about to unleash upon them-exactly everything I wanted from those miserable bastards.

"You thought we were dangerous? You haven't face the fury of his older brother~" Hikaru sang mischievously, and Kaoru finished the statement with an eerie grin while I coldly glared at the shivering bastards before landing several outstanding punches, leaving several bruises that'll fucking hurt for a while. After several minutes, Mori had to pull me off of them so they wouldn't be completely unconscious when their IDS were collected then asked to leave and as I stayed there, maintaining my haunting glare on them as they cowardly ran with their tail between their legs.

Mori finally put me down once we all were back on the beach, and I instantly began to run towards the Tamaki and Haruhi as she seemed unconscious in Tamaki's arms. The Host Club witnessed how shaken and worried I was, not to mention my entire appearance change, as I ran towards the two, nearly tripping a couple of times. Tamaki handed her to me before I collapsed onto my knees and hugged her close, burying my face in her wet hair.

After some time, Haruhi got out of my embrace as I remained, kneeling in the sand while Kyoya notified Haruhi and Tamaki of the two "gentlemen" being asked to leave the premise, the girls went back at their hotel rooms, and a doctor was on the way to check on Haruhi in case. I tuned out of the discussion as my mind was racing and thoughts, screeching loudly at me.

I nearly lost her...my only sister because I chose to let my stupid feelings of a middle school crush get in the way of protecting Haruhi and making sure she wasn't harmed, before-mentioned as fucking thrown off a cliff into the ocean by some drunk idiot. I would never forgive myself if the rare possibility that she was seriously injured or even died, plus I would never be able to look my lovely father in the face, knowing that it was my mistake that Haruhi was harmed. Not to mention, the last promise I made to my beloved dying mother on her death bed, to protect both Haruhi and Dad no matter the cost, even suggesting the use of my own life, and knowing that I failed to protect my family, not to mention failing my mother's final request, it would drive me to my early death with the extensive amount of guilt alone.

Feeling myself being shaken lightly brought myself out of my numerous thoughts and overheard Honey repeating my name with a worried tone with his voice and expression, I blinked several times in an attempt to silence my screeching thoughts and removed my hat, allowing my bangs fall. Casting my eyes down at my hands to finally noticing my partially bloody and unmistakably bruised knuckles, I sighed before standing up and saw only Mori and Honey waited for me to finish my tiny mental mess; the others must've left while I continued lecturing myself mentally.