Chapter 12

It's been a couple of days since the incident with Kyoya, and I'm not entirely affected by it, everything continued as usual, and the memory of the kiss was in the back of my head while I focused on other things such as school, dance, and home. As for Kyoya, he generally acted like any other typical day, and the rare flustered expression was normal, considering there were prettier girls around whenever we talked in the halls. Except for the two of us, no one knew what occurred that day until Ryuu and Haruhi approached me yesterday because they sensed something was bothering me.

At first, I told them it was nothing and headed to class, treating it like a typical day, yet almost every time I was unoccupied by my various courses, either one was there attempting to interview me. By lunch, both stood there outside of my classroom and continued questioning what was on my mind. This behavior was expected from Ryuu, but it was unusual behavior for Haruhi, considering anytime something was bothering me; she wouldn't prod and poke at me; however, it was different this time.

Ultimately caved while we were at home, Kenji was over to cut my hair, considering it was armpit length, and excess weight was starting to disturb me, and Ryuu was his ride home. While Kenji was working his magic with the scissor and shaver, Ryuu and Haruhi began to ask once again, appreciating the fact I couldn't escape their questioning this time. Something made this more terrible, Kenji participated in the interrogation until I eventually surrendered. I explained everything, and the outcome of that night, three people knew about the kiss and my crush on Kyoya.

Today, I sat under a large multi-colored parasol with my camera in hand, looking over the last several shots I took of the ocean and the views around me as Haruhi moped beside me. As the other hosts entertained their customers in some way and Kyoya kept track of the time each of Tamaki's customers spent with the blond alone before sending another to take the other's place. Haruhi sported a T-shirt and brown cargo shorts as I wore a loose plain white Hawaiian button-up with dark blue cargo shorts and a white Panama hat as the others wore their swimsuits.

"I thought a day at the beach implied a day off from hosting," Haruhi grumbled, watching everyone around us while under the lovely shade of the parasol, protecting us from the blinding sun.

"Always expect the unexpected," I answered, adjusting my shades, before overhearing our names being called from behind us then turned our heads to see who was calling.

A small group of customers, modeling cute swimsuits, questioned if either of us were going swimming. Haruhi informed them we usually enjoyed the ocean from a distance and was keeping company with my lonesome individual before, jokingly taking my hat off to reveal my latest haircut. Next, they asked if they could sit and talk to us before Haruhi responded charmingly by saying they should swim since they were wearing cute swimsuits, causing them to blush, which darkened once I agreed showing a gentle, kind smile.

Once they left, Haruhi and I separated from each other in different directions as I continued to get several more photographs of the tropical beach landscapes nearby, and she wandered the beach shore. I savored the satisfying noises of the waves and the feeling of the cold ocean tide, hitting my bare feet while the gentle breeze blew strands of my hair. Capturing some shots of the scenery and Hosts before squatting down to see the results better, I felt something bumped my ankle and glimpsing from my camera to see a multi-colored volleyball there. Glancing in the expected direction from which it originated to notice the twins standing a couple of feet away, I stood up straight again and picked up the multi-colored ball with one hand before I walked towards them to hand it to Hikaru.

As I was about to go elsewhere on the beach to take pictures of my class project, Kaoru swiftly took my hat off my head, what is up with everyone taking my hat, and overheard several astonished feminine gasps in the distance. My bangs hung in front of my eyes, and I sighed as I removed my shades before running my hand through my fluffy hair in an attempt to get my bangs out of my face before hearing loud squeals, including a little bit of swooning.