Chapter 28

Long story short, Honey has a cavity, and Mori, being responsible, asked Tamaki to ban all snacks from the Club until further notice, which upset Honey-senpai because his sweets and precious cake were taken away. The first time that I agree with Renge, one cavity made Honey's life a living hell. We all would suffer alongside support; this would be difficult considering coffee gum kept me awake for the next couple of days since I will be juggling group studying and homework late at night for the next couple of days.

The next day, I was asked to deliver papers to a third-year class for someone on the Student council and run into Mori holding Honey's bag as the pile of candy grew while more fell out of his bag. Silently watching this entire scene unfold, Haruhi and the Twins joined in watching how Honey was surviving. Yes, I do feel bad for Honey about how Mori is treating this situation; however, Mori is likely in pain as well because his whole life is to take care of Honey and probably feels bad about not watching out for this. Knowing those two, it would be a rocky process going back to normal, but they will be fine. Carrying the pile of paper, I pass by Honey to pat his head lightly and Mori on the back before heading to deliver these to the right teacher. Glancing up at the class numbering and enjoying my music blasting in my ears, I glide through the semi-crowded hallway before making it to the classroom I was looking for and quickly make my way to the doorway. Stepping into the classroom, a couple of students sat around as I spoke to the teacher to deliver the papers. After several minutes of talking to the instructor, I left the classroom and about to slip my headphones back on to enjoy blocking out the world.

"Fujioka, what are you doing?" Turning to see Chikage and Tomochika standing near the doorway of the classroom.

"I'm only dropping off a couple of papers to the teacher before heading to my next per-"

"Chikage! Tomochika! There you two are; we need to discuss this week's edition." Turning to see Komatsuzawa, the President of the school's newspaper I've been told about from the other two.

"I'm going to take my leave; see you two later." I left my fellow classmates to their club president and headed to my next class. Slipping my headphones back on, I walked along with the beat and bobbed my head from side to side while resisting the urge to dance.

The day went on as the end of the day came, and club activities started; throughout the day, I've noticed Kyoya in a cheerful mood, almost concerning because I'm not used to seeing him smile this much for an extended period. Then again, I've seen the books and how much money the Host Club spends on Honey-senpai's sweets, so I simply answered my question. I sat at one of the empty tables enjoying a couple of sandwiches as I worked on Kiyoko's party and researching while occasionally looking up to make sure I had no waiting customers and overhear the serenades that Tamaki was saying to one of his customers.

"Ren," a voice broke me from my working trance before looking up to see Kyoya with a slightly concerned gleam in his eyes. "Have you been getting enough sleep?"

"Define enough sleep?"

"In your words previously, at least five to seven hours of sleep? Usually, you're the one lecturing me on sleep; what's caused this blue moon?"

"Study group with the team, chores, and simply researching." Kyoya gently tilted my chin up to meet his brownish-grey gentle yet earnest stare.

"You need to take better care of yourself, or else you'll get sick. I will drive all the way to your apartment to make sure you get proper sleep, don't tempt me."

Did he just threaten me with cuddles?

We turned to see Honey-senpai arrived and frolicked towards Mori, saying how his cavity doesn't hurt anymore before Mori had Honey bite down on a popsicle to see if that statement was precise, which wasn't as Honey was resisting the urge to scream in pain. Mori one, Honey, zero.

For the next couple of days, Honey has been trying to get sweets or cake from other people using his cuteness or attempting to sneak it around Mori-senpai, yet he always fails. He tried persuading me to give him some of my gum to him; however, I would always run out, considering I would eat one strip every couple of hours to get me through the day before heading home to take a quick nap and then going to the late-night online study sessions.

As much as I love my team, I wish they would just get together to study independently or try doing it earlier rather than early in the morning. Each night's end result is a few hours of sleep and eating about five coffee bubble gum pieces a day, which causes me to be a semi-functioning sluggish person throughout the day.

On the third day of Honey-senpai having no sweets, he was utterly miserable and grouchy, which scared the trio due to his appearance and attitude. I sat alongside with the other hosts as we watched Honey-senpai sulking around the clubroom as I simply sipped my coffee and slightly struggling to set the teacup down properly without it rattling a bit on the porcelain.

Watching Honey-senpai fall face-first onto the floor with Usa-chan right next to him, and Tamaki took the chance to see if he was alright to only get bitten by Honey-senpai. Mori sprung into action to save Tamaki's feeble arm and attempt to calm down Honey-senpai himself, which resulted in Honey throwing Mori-senpai over his shoulder, causing me to get up to stop this disagreement from escalating into anything.

"Honey-senpai, I understand that you're upset, but you have to remember we are all doing this to help you get better." Right as I placed my hand on his shoulder, immediately, I was thrown over his shoulder and farther since I weigh less than Mori-senpai. Usually, I could counter some of Honey-senpai's moves, but since I haven't been sleeping correctly for the last couple of days, my reflexes weren't as quick as usual. The back of my shoulders hit the floor first before my body rolled to a stop near the wall before coming to a halt, resulting in me lying on my back while my upper back hurt a bit.

"You haven't been any help either; I just wanted a bit of your gum, but no! You decided to keep it all for yourselves," Honey-senpai yelled. "You both have been mean to me for the last couple of days. You both are such hardheads! I hate you both! I hate you, Takashi, and I hate you, Ren!"

Hearing his rapid footsteps slowly fade, my body recovered from the impact before beginning to enjoy just lying on the floor and felt my eyes slowly closing as all I saw was darkness.