Chapter 7

Sitting in my fourth-period class and half-listening to my English teacher, I gradually closed my eyes and had my head supported by my arm; the teacher never cared since I spoke English well enough. It's been several weeks since rehearsals started, and I've been catching up on knowing every different choreography by heart, it's energy-draining, but satisfying in the end. I was spending nearly every waking second in the day, either fulfilling school activities or dancing, which both took a toll on my sleep schedule. In an attempt to keep up with all my daily things, I skipped a few meals and pulled all-nighters to complete homework along with the fact; I am irritable when woken up early, which affected part of my well-being.

Both the team and some of the host club noticed my appearance, then attempted persuading me to take a 'well deserved' break for a while, but I only told them I was okay and kept going on with this cycle. Besides all, I could speculate about choreography and mentally piecing an entire dance collectively, envisioning it within my head countless times.

Today was Friday; Kenji notified me that rehearsals were postponed for two weeks due to a lot of us needing a break and the others needing to focus on academic things and no club hours either today. Thankfully, I could go home and reclaim all the hours of heavenly slumber I missed. This entire weekend I would spend recovering and sleeping because I need it, and looking forward to coming back recovered next week.

The bell rang, indicating lunch break, and every single of my boisterous classmates left to do whatever they did as I simply headed to a dance studio to practice the new dance I envisioned. The director granted me access to one of the spare dance studios to rehearse for the recital without being interrupted by snooping or noisy onlookers. I changed into baggy leggings and t-shirt, strolling over to notice Haruhi, standing with her bag in hand and looking around for me. I questioned her about being here since usually she studied and ate in her classroom during lunch while unlocking the locked entrance of the dance studio.

"Clubs were using both of my classes for lunch meetings today, and none of the several libraries are ever quiet," She explained, accompanying me inside before closing and locking the door behind her. Haruhi relaxed in the corner of the room, resuming her daily routine during lunch, and entirely occupied by her studying.

Setting my messenger bag aside and jogged across the spotless wooden flooring to connect my phone to the Bluetooth speaker. I selected my dancing show playlist before beginning to warm up and practiced every recital choreography I was a part of, including my individual choreography.

After a while, I disconnected my music from the Speaker and switched it off before relaxing beside Haruhi and gulping my bottled water, drinking half of it before pulled out my lunch to start enjoying the delicious food. Haruhi put her books and all papers away before eating her lunch while conversing with me for the remainder of lunch.

"Please tell me you ate breakfast," She questioned.

"Yeah, I made sure to drink a lot of water, just like you told me too. Besides, I still have to stop by the store and cook dinner tonight, so what do you are craving for?"

Lately, Haruhi noticed I was skipping meals a few times, and she basically started observing my eating habits like a falcon and making sure I ate something fulfilling. She threatened to get rid of my entire chocolate stash altogether if my health didn't normalize. I can't criticize her for the way she's behaving, considering I do the same exact thing whenever she or dad would overwork themselves. She probably learned it from me, and I'm appreciative that she worries about my health upon the occasional incidents she does. We continued chatting and cleaned up before stopping by the bathroom to change back into my uniform, then escorted Haruhi to her class, which had a handful of people by the time we arrived. I told her bye before strolling to my last class of the day, harmonies booming in my headphones, and disregarding others around me.