Chapter 11

Continuing to walk again, I felt Ryuu let my hand go, not minding at all, and allowed my thoughts to wander, distracting me from the world around me. After a while, my attention was returning to reality and glimpsed around only to see Tamaki alongside as he kept a smile on his appearance, glancing over my shoulder to see Ryuu walking alongside Kyoya a couple of feet behind, saying something I couldn't overhear.

"Hey Ren, I have a question," Tamaki curiously asked, turning my attention from the duo and gesturing to him to continue with his inquisitive question. "Is Ryuu-senpai your future husband? I ask because I noticed you two holding each others' hands around the school, and Ryuu-senpai usually gives you small kisses, never on your lips, I assume couples kiss each other?"

"We're not engaged nor plan on marrying each other in the future, considering our sentiments towards one another are entirely mutual and treat each other somewhat like siblings. Additionally, Ryuu and I possess a platonic friendship developed over the years we've known each other: it's common for both of us to give each other pecks or hold each other's hands. I tend to stick with hand-holding and hugs because it's more natural for both of us, and there's no intimate passion behind our small gestures like a couple may possess."

"I'm sorry! Daddy assumed-!" Tamaki panicked in his flustered state as I carefully set my hand on his shoulder and tried to calm him down, laughing at his loud flustered explanation while attempting to apologize for making the invalid assumption as the different two accompanied us again.

Once the vacant dance studio door came into view, I overheard music blasting from within and bobbed my head to the upbeat rhythm while performing some of the arm movements while approaching the entrance. Ryuu opened the door, and I gestured to Tamaki and Kyoya to follow; I entered to see my teammates practicing and Adrian attempting to teach Hitoshi to dance with more graceful, not to mention Kenji chuckling while watching Adrian struggle to instruct his clumsy colleague. I placed my bag down alongside the others and unbuttoned my button up to reveal my black tank top then quickly put the plain t-shirt on before warming up with Ryuu.

"Asami had to talk to her teacher and is on her way, also bringing Haruhi," Kenji informed, attempting to hold back his booming laughter caused by Hitoshi's humorous attempt to be elegant.

"Additionally, Coach got confused about dates since he's been handling all the scheduling and preparation by himself. The recital is in two months and the dance competition in a month. Therefore we should be practicing routines," Adrian suggested, "Hitoshi and Ren, you start first considering hip hop may be the first category of the competition, and you two haven't had a lot of time to practice, but I have a feeling you two will be fine."

Slipping on my worn-out cerulean converse, I tied my hair up, making a mental reminder to ask Kenji to give me a fucking haircut this weekend, then took a couple of binder paper gave one to Hitoshi. We sat on our knees against the hardwood floor, placed the paper in front of us, and prepared individually for the surge of energy that would course within our bodies.

"Remember sass and to smile brighter than Adrian's shining personality, Ren!" Glancing up to notice Asami and Haruhi, standing in front of the entrance, including the other hosts. I smiled and sat back a bit, waiting for the song to start. As we anticipated for the opening tune, Hitoshi cracked several jokes modestly to me, provoking me to chuckle a little. Adrian commenced counting down before beginning the song, Hitoshi and I retained a monotone appearance before the melody arose.