Chapter 42

Peace. Tranquility. Balance. I meditated while waiting for more of my customers and overheard almost everything that went on in the Host Club. I resisted the urge to puke at the shit Tamaki was spewing, wild and handsome. Maybe to the ladies and some guys, sure he's handsome; but wild? Tamaki literally has a golden retriever personality, and that's what makes him Tamaki in the end.

Renge may annoy the crap out of me, but she's gotten better at toning it down whenever Kyoya, her, and I meet up to discuss possible themes for the Host Club. This leads us to today's theme, Edo Era, and seems to be a hit with the ladies. Everyone wore hair extensions to add to the appearance and a white headband tied to their forehead. It's was surprising to see how I would look with a high ponytail; it's been years since I had my hair that long. A majority of the Host Club has dressed in sky blue kimonos, patterned with white at the ends of the sleeves, accompanied by a darker blue kimono underneath with grey hakama and the additional fake katanas on their belt, except for Mori and I. We carried spears; We both had a naginata, commonly known as the woman's spear, but it was used by both men and women warriors. I assume the only reason they gave us spears instead was to either duel or spice it up.

"Ren, let's go," Mori called, standing up and walked to a clear area of the room with guests on the side, out of harm's way.

I picked up the naginata and twirled it around, getting used to its weight while approaching Mori. I enjoyed whenever we would train on occasion, usually practicing Kendo or martial arts.We took our stances, focusing on one another as we waited for Renge's call, and dared not to move an inch. Renge yelled start, yet neither of us moved, expecting the other to move first. I shifted my leg as Mori raised his staff slightly before we both rushed in and began to duel. Dodging the end of the spear, I blocked a majority of the time and got a couple of hits on him with the nonlethal end of the weapon. Our fight continued until we came to a draw and bowed to each other in respect.

"Wow, Ren and Mori are so talented."

"Who do you think Ren is?"

Already being mentally tired from the day and the constant squealing, I took a seat next to Mori on the bamboo bench and enjoyed the lovely tea. Enjoying a moment of peace before hearing something behind one of the panels, Mori and I grabbed our weapons before stabbing the panel simultaneously, which causes a majority of the Host Club to panic.

After Tamaki loudly apologized about Mori only having one line per episode and not having his episode, we removed spears, and everyone approached as I was tasked to escorting the ladies out since it was getting close to closing time.

"Thank you, ladies, for coming and blessing us with your presence along with giving me the satisfaction that you leave with a smile on your faces." I thanked, bowing formally on my knees, causing them to squeal again and spew compliments as they left.

I closed the door and locked the door before returning to the others, only to notice a familiar redhead kneeling and bowing in front of Mori as the other stood off to the side confused."Ara ara, is that you, Kasa-chan?" I called out, causing the redhead to notice my presence, and slammed his forehead down on the ground again.

"Big brother, Ren," He called out, not lifting his head up. "Please let me also be your apprentice."