Chapter 31

Silently, Kyoya and I walked down the hall and surprisingly passed no other students on the way to the Newspaper Club.

"Am I the only one who doesn't entirely trust this?" I asked, breaking the comfortable silence between Kyoya and me.

"Of course not," Kyoya answered as he carried a first aid kit from his family's medical business. "However, even though we agreed to participate, that doesn't mean we can't plan something in the shadows to catch them in the act. All we need to do is wait and strike at the right time."

"An interesting idea; however, Tamaki will likely be distracted by all this and drag Haruhi along with him. Pretty much all the bases are covered, assuming everyone else knows what's going on; however, I would like to suggest something."

After telling Kyoya of my suggestion for about an hour, We continued talking while walking before entering the Newspaper Clubroom hallway and keeping utter silence; Kyoya knocked on the door before we heard a "come in ." Kyoya entered first, and I closed the door behind me before turning back to the Newspaper Club, who stood there near the broken window section covered in stacks of newspapers. Kyoya began to tell them about the Host Club's conditions that the Newspaper Club had to follow to do a story. I merely stood there and silently observed the three members' body language while listening to Akira's tone.

"Of course, if you'll allow us to cover you," Akira spoke, "We promise to observe your conditions."

"Then you can start tomorrow," Kyoya stated before Akira accepted. "By the way, how is your forehead feeling?"

"Oh that, it's no big deal," Akira reassured, lightly touching his bruised forehead. "I hardly feel it anymore; I owe a lot to this bump, considering we'd have never come together for this article."

Probably because you let your pride and ego get in the way to ask for help, but yet here we are.

"That may be true, but we apologize that it happened; I brought you a little something as an apology of sorts," Kyoya placed the small box on the desk in front of Akira. "This is a first aid kit, made by my family's company."

Akira thanked Kyoya once last time before Kyoya, and I turned to leave before Akira spoke again. Deciding to bring up family businesses and started to tell Kyoya about his situation on how the Newspaper Club is a way to prepare to take over his father's publishing firm and how his father decided to have his younger brother to take future management along with how he will do anything to make sure the Newspaper Club doesn't fall.

I bit my tongue from letting out a sarcastic comment and slid my hands into my pockets as Kyoya excused myself and him from the tension-filled room.

Right as the door closed and Kyoya began to walk away, I pulled on his sleeve and pointed towards the door, gesturing him to stop and listen. We both silently listened to Akira's monologue, and the other two make comments about how the newspaper was already unpopular before he started making all those various gossips. Those comments were silenced by Akira threatening to break off ties with their family, including business connections. Once we heard enough, I took Kyoya's hand into mine, and we started walking back through the empty halls.