Prologue

I'm Olivia Shanders. I'm 21 years old and I'm an actress. My dad doesn't much approve this job. He thinks it's unimportant and will give nothing to my life. He wants me to be a politician like he is. Yes you guessed right. John Shanders U.S.A's president. I'm his daughter. Anyways I don't want to dissapoint him that's why I'm entering the mayor of Las Vegas's elections. If I win I'll be close to my original job in Hollywood.

I'm auditioning for a play in the grande theatre. They are playing a story between a mafia's member and a young dancer. It shows their love story blah blah blah. Basic romance novel. I mean yeah I love romance more than any other movie genre, but this is such a basic plot. Make it dramatic. Don't give the happy ending everyone expects. Stop being predictable. Make the two stars lose their lives or one of them leaves and they don't end up together. Give the world what they don't excpect, what they don't want to see. Yes a sweet, predictable ending is nice from time to time but make a change.

Anyways that's what I'm auditioning for so I don't have a choice.

**

"Hey daddy" I said entering the kitchen.

"Hey sweetie. Ready for today?" he said kind of annoyed.

"I know you don't support it but at least act happy" I said putting coffee in my cup.

"I can't act like it. I'm not the talent of this family" he said laughing at his own joke.

"You never told me why you don't support it that much" I said sitting at a chair.

"Do you want to know?" he asked confused.

"Of course I do. It's my job and I want to know the reason" I said taking a sip of my coffee.

"Well let me tell you" he said sitting on the sofa.

"My mother was a movie producer. And your mom was one of her most talented actresses. I met her on set and we instantly fell in love. We had you and then got married. One year after our marriage, you were two, she had to go on a tour. I couldn't let her success and her carreer to die. That's why I let her go and I said that I would take good care of you. On her way to her Europe tour the plane crushed. There were only two survivors and none of them was your mother. I was devastated. I hated acting after that. And I don't want you to go on such a tour. I can't handle to lose you" he said some tears running on his cheeks.

"Oh my God. I didn't know why didn't you tell me earlier? I could've stopped theatre beforehand" I said going for a hug.

"I may not be supporting it but that doesn't mean I will stop you from achieving your dreams. You are a great actress and I won't get on your way"he said hugging me back.

"Now go. You have some auditions to rock" he said smiling.

"Thanks dad. Do you want to go for lunch after I finish?" I smiled warmly at him.

"I would love that. Good luck not that you'll need it" he smiled back at me.

"Thanks bye dad" I waved and exited the house.

__________________

This is a new story don't forget to comment and vote. Credits for this book's cover to: