Replaced 2/2

Disclaimer: Don't force ships onto any mcyt, it makes them uncomfortable

Enjoy!

***

I go back to my car and starts it up, driving out of the parking lot. 

I looks over to George, curled up on the passenger seat, tear marks on my face.

I sighs, 'I knew this might've happened.' 

I keeps my eyes on the road, driving towards my house. The silence is deafening, besides the soft snores cutting though it.

After a while, I pulled up to my driveway, parking and turning off my car. I got out and walked over to the passenger side and opened the door. George was still asleep, I gently picked him up bridal style and closed the car door.

I opened the front door, with some struggle and headed inside. I walked to my room and placed him down on the bed, tucking him in. I was about to leave until I felt a hand grab my arm.

"P-pleas' s'ay..." he mumbled, sleep lacing his voice.

I melted at his voice, my heart beating a little faster.

I lifted up the cover and laid next to him, making sure to keep our distance. I guess George didn't care because he moved closer, tucking his head in the crook of my neck, his breath tickling me. 

"Mmm~" he hummed, taking in my warmth.

I wrapped my arm around his waist, slowly pulling him closer. 

My eyes started to droop after a while, George fell back asleep and his soft snores filling the room. I pulled him closer before falling asleep.

///

I woke up to a cold empty bed, I slowly sat up and looked around. I heard commotion in the kitchen down stairs. I got out and started walking down stairs, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

I got to the kitchen and got hit with the smell of food, my stomach grumbling. 

"Good morning." George said, taking the food off the heat and turning towards me, smiling.

"Your way to happy in the morning..." I grumbled, walking over and giving him and hug.

He hugged back, we stayed like that until he pulled away, putting the food back on the heat.

I walked over to the counter and leaned on it, watching him cook. He finished cooking and put the food on a two plates, heading over to me and handing me one.

"Thanks." I said, grabbing the back of his head and placed a gentle kiss on his forehead.

We walked to the table in silence and sat down across from each other and started eating. I looked up at him before asking, "How are you feeling?"

He looked at me before looking back down at his plate. 

"'m fine." he muttered, continuing to eat.

"Bullshit." I said, standing and walking over to him. "Bubs, come on.. you know you can talk to me.." I said, running and hand through his hair.

He looked up at me. unshed tears glimmering in his eyes.

"I really thought I had a chance..." he said, tears sliding down his face, onto his plate. "That goes to show how stupid I am...."

I wrap my arms around him, putting my shin on his head.

"No, bubba no. You are one of the smartest people, but even the smartest can make mistakes..." I say, rubbing his back. 

"Thank you Alex..." he says, placing his head on my chest.