Fuck Jobs

Disclaimer: Don't force ships onto any mcyt, it makes them uncomfortable.

Inspired by Gray_likes_angst

You should check out their book, it's really good!

Enjoy!

***

Purpled's POV

I walked into the store and started my shift. I went to the fourth register and turned on the light so customers know it's open.

I sighed and waited for someone to walk up.

Todays beating was a bit more than normal, my ribs were aching and I didn't have advil at home.

'Suck it up, Grayson. Tommy and Ranboo have it worse than you, be happy you have a home and parents that feed you from time to time.'

I was knocked out of my daydream as a lady walked up to my register and started putting her items down.

"Hello Ma'am, did you find everything alright?" I asked in a monotone voice.

"Quite alright dear."

After I finished scanning her items, I gave her a senior discount.

"Would that be all for today?" I questioned.

"No, that's everything." she answered with a warm smile.

"Your total will be {Insert amount}."

She handed me the exact cash and I handed her the receipt.

"Have a nice day."

"You too ma'am." I said, a small smile on my face.

The next lady proceeded to slam all her stuff on the register, talking loudly on the phone.

"Did you find everything alright?" I asked.

No answer.

After scanning all her stuff, I told her the total.

"Your total is {Insert total}, will that be cash or card?"

"Why is my total that much? Why didn't I get the discount that old hag got as well?" she snarled at me.

I took a deep breath before answering, "That nice lady got the senior discount, you don't because you're not a senior. Now, will that be cash or card?"

"NO! I am NOT paying without the discount, I should get the discount as well! That's not fair, let me speak to your manager!" she yells at me, making my headache worse.

"He's going to tell you the same thing I did-"

I was interrupted as she backhanded me in the face. I sucked in a deep breath as I looked down and answered.

"My manager will be here shortly." I quietly whispered.

"Fucking finally." She continued to talk to the person on the phone. "No, it's nothing. Just a f@g employee who couldn't do his fucking job, acting like a fucking ret@rd."

I sighed before pressing my ear piece and whispering, "Hey Dream, there's this lady who wants to speak with you..."

"What does she want?"

"She wanted a senior discount even though she's not a senior."

"Just find a way to deal with it, I'm in the middle of a call with the supervisor."

"...Okay."

I turned back to the lady who was packing all her items up, still haven't payed for them.