Fourty Two : Recovery

Kindly ignore any grammatical mistakes 🙏

Happy Reading!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The four couples grew impatient as they rested inside the cottage.

"Why are they taking so much time?" Yanli asked, worried.

"Yeah. It's been more than an hour." Meng Yao stated.

As the group waited patiently, Lan Yibo's phone rang across the room. He immediately grabbed his phone and answered the call.

"Hey Yang, where the hell are you both?"

"We are at….the Hospital."

"What!!!"

< Flashback >

"But I need to refill the fuel in my car." Lan Yibo groaned in irritation and the other people around chuckled on witnessing his reaction.

"Then me and Yang will do it for you." Xiao Xing Chen suggested as he felt pity on his freind. After all it was Yibo who drove them here.

"You will?" Lan Yibo asked hesitantly.

"Yep. Now give me the keys." Xue Yang remarked and took the keys from Lan Yibo.

"We'll be back soon" Xiao Xing Chen exclaimed and hopped inside the car.

The duo drove to the fuel station, enjoying each other's company. Lan Yibo's car sung through the roads smoothly on its way back to the cottage from the fuel station. As it rode through the woods, a sudden trigger caused the vehicle to go out of control.

"WHAT THE HELL!"

"OH NO!"

The car tumbled much for the terror passengers. Though the airbags flung itself for their protection, the couple were not spared from getting injured. Darkness engulfed Xiao Xing Chen as his legs went numb with pain. He sucked in cramped air, feeling his lungs caving in on themselves and the younger man gradually lost his consciousness.

Xue Yang's body jerked, his forehead collided with the window. Blood made its way down the elder man's forehead as he watched his beloved with helplessness.

"S-Someone…help.."

"Please don't…eave me…my love.." His head throbbed and soon all he could see was darkness.

< End of the Flashback >

The group rushed to the hospital in panic. Yanli and Wen Qing were on the verge of tears.

"Don't worry. They will be alright." Jiang Cheng tried to console them but the ladies kept on worrying about their acquaintance. Upon arriving at the hospital, they hurried inside in search of the couple.

"May I know the room number of a patient named Xue Yang?" Lan XiChen enquired.

"They are in Room 154." The receptionist informed.

They gasped when they saw the duo. A bandage was wrapped around Xue Yang's head and there were few small cuts on him. On the next bed Xiao Xing Chen laid, still unconscious.

"Yang!" Lan Yibo hurried to his freind. His face overshadowed with fear.

"Don't worry buddy. I'm alright." Xue Yang mumbled with a faint smile.

"Yang, what exactly happened?" Wei Zhan asked impatiently.

"I can't recall anything in particular. The car went out of control and the next moment, we were crumpled inside. I guess some passers-by helped us to the hospital." Xue Yang reasoned.

"But Chen has not regained his consciousness"

The doctor entered the room and everyone bombarded him with questions. The doctor chuckled and said, "Calm down people."

"Both of them are alright. Mr.Yang has a forehead injury and Mr.Xiao suffer a minor fracture. He passed out due to sudden fear and pain. Nothing serious."

The group heaved a sigh of relief as they heard the doctor. Yanli and Wen Qing glanced at Xiao Xing Chen with teary eyes, "Our poor kitten."

"It's all my fault." Yanli remarked.

"Ladies, please don't cry. Let's move out" Lan XiChen commented.

They made themselves comfortable in the visitors lounge. Lan Yibo sat beside his husband and noticed his uneasiness. He held his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"It's okay Zhan. Be grateful that they survived with minor injuries."

Wei Zhan nodded his head and gave a faint smile. His agitated mind somehow eased whenever he is with Yibo.

"You must be tired. Have some rest." Lan Yibo laced his arms around Wei Zhan's waist, pulling him closer. Wei Zhan rested his head on Lan Yibo's shoulder and wrapped his hands around him. The couple soon dozed off peacefully.