Thirty Five : Alone

ENJOY!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The mysterious guy summoned Meng Yao and Su She into his suite. His face was stern, the cold eyes glared wickedly at Meng Yao.

“You’ve disappointed me Meng Yao.” The thunderstorm voice echoed across the room.

“Master I-.”

Before Meng Yao could speak he was rudely interrupted, “I won’t buy your filthy explanation. How dare you betray me over the Lan.” A shiver of fear ran through Meng Yao. Words stuck through his throat and his breathing twitched.

How did he know?

FLASHBACK
-------------------

Being assigned to spy on the Lans along with Meng Yao, Su She always kept close watch on Lan XiChen. As he observed the Lan Corporation, he spotted Meng Yao dragging Lan XiChen outside. The two walked a few meters from the building and Su She sneaked behind them. Soon he found the couple making out.

“Interesting.” Su She mumbled evilly and captured the moment on his phone. Then he dialled a number.

“Master, I’ve something to report.”

“Shoot it.”

“That Meng Yao is cheating us with the Lans.”

“WHAT!!”

“Yes. He was betraying us from the beginning. I’ve sent you the evidence.”
The mysterious guy disconnected the call in anger and went through the images sent by Su She.

“You betrayed the wrong guy.”

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

“You raised a disloyal dog, Master. What did the Lans do to change your mind against us?” Su She scowled.

“Have they bribed you or did the elder Lan brother offered a night?” The mysterious guy asked with sarcasm.

Meng Yao felt his blood boiling. It’s true that he worked for his Master in his filthy business but he never went beneath his dignity.

“Watch your speech.” Meng Yao gritted his teeth.

“Oh so you now learned to raise your voice against me bastard!”

“I won’t work for an uncivilized person like you anymore. You always take us for granted and make us do the dirty tricks in the name of money and fame. Moreover you kept my mother as a hostage and threatened me to work for you. I can’t tolerate it any longer.” Meng Yao screamed in fury.

“I want you to release my mother by tomorrow. I’ll leave with her and would never again burden you.”

“Do whatever you want. But make sure not to regret your deeds." The mysterious guy smirked.

“I shall never regret my decision.”
And with that Meng Yao walked from the suite. He is no longer bound to the heartless man.

Mama wait for me. I'll save you from the deadly hands of that monster. And let’s live happily from now on.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

NEXT DAY
------------------

The sunlight peeked through the curtain and laminated Meng Yao’s room. A loud ringing of the phone echoed across  his apartment. Meng Yao lazily got himself up the bed to attend the call.

Su She

“Hello"

“Got a news for you. Your mother is dead.”