Nine : Warmth

Sorry for the late update😔.

Enjoy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lan Yibo’s heart ached as he saw an expressionless Zhan.

He gave Wei Zhan a smile “So you are finally awake.” Wei Zhan just gave a light nod. Lan Yibo knew that Zhan was shattered. He felt so helpless at the sight of Wei Zhan. “Wait for me . I will be right back.” Yibo informed and exited the room. Wei Zhan lied on the bed feeling empty and broken.

After a few moments , a nurse entered into the room. She walked up to Zhan and checked his condition.

“You are much better now.”

The nurse took out a basin with water and dipped a towel in it to wipe Wei Zhan’s forehead.  As he was about to wipe , a voice interrupted her.

“Stop it right there" her fingers froze on hearing the stern voice.

“I will do it. You may leave now.” Lan Yibo ordered the nurse and she left the room. Lan Yibo’s eyebrows  furrowed at thought of another person touching Wei Zhan.

No one is allowed to touch my Zhan. He is mine. Yibo thought as he took the towel. Yibo cleaned up Zhan and sat beside him. Lan Yibo started a conversation but saw no response from Wei Zhan . At last he sighed in defeat. “Since you don’t want to talk , let’s eat something.”

Lan Yibo took out the food and decided to feed Wei Zhan. He grabbed a spoonful of food and placed it infront of Zhan. Wei Zhan lightly shook his head in rejection.

“Aish .......why are you being like a kid. You have become so weak. Now don’t be stubborn and open your mouth Zhan Zhan.” Yibo said with a smile.

Wei Zhan gaped his mouth in surprise when Yibo called him ‘Zhan Zhan'. Lan Yibo took this moment to shoved the food lightly into Zhan's mouth. Wei Zhan somehow ate the food without choking himself. With a few more efforts , Zhan completed his meal.

“Now that’s better .” Yibo spoke as he covered Wei Zhan with a blanket.

“Tell me if you are not feeling well or if you need anything. I am right beside you “ Lan Yibo caressed Wei Zhan hand and  sat next to him with a book in hand.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
NEXT DAY
°°°°°°°°°°°°°

FUNERAL
--------------

The families arrived at the location where the service would take place. The atmosphere was heavy as it was overwhelmed by grief. Zhan looked at his pale mother and gave her a last kiss. The casket was lowered into the earth and after a final prayer everyone in attendance left.

Wei Zhan  knelt down and cried out aloud unconditionally . Lan Yibo couldn’t take it anymore so. He hugged Wei Zhan tightly.  Zhan struggled at first but he found himself calm in Yibo's embrace.

“I hate this , why did she have to die. I am all alone now.”

“You are not alone Zhan . I will never abandon you. Death is a part of life. Just take your time to accept it.” Wei Zhan buried his face in Lan Yibo's neck and sobbed aloud . They stayed at the funeral site till it’s dark. Yibo held Wei Zhan's hands to accompany him into the car and drove towards the Lan Mansion.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
At LAN MANSION
--------------------------

On reaching Lan Mansion, Wei Zhan directly went upstairs . He got into a room other than their bedroom and closed the door