Fourty Four : Agitated Souls

Kindly ignore any grammatical mistakes🙏.

ENJOY!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since the argument, Lan Yibo cold shouldered Wei Zhan. The distress between the couple increased as days passed by. Both the men felt suffocating and wanted to clear the path but the stubbornness kept them away from each other.

It was the fifth day and Wei Zhan woke up with a determined mind. He had enough of their cold war.

I feel so incomplete without him. I can't take it anymore. It doesn't matter even if he yells at me. I'm gonna end this misery.

Wei Zhan made his way to their bedroom and entered inside. He was greeted by none and the sound of the running shower indicated Lan Yibo's presence in the washroom. Wei Zhan decided to wait for his husband and sat on the couch. Suddenly Lan Yibo's phone rang and Wei Zhan peered at the screen.

It's an unknown number. Who will it be?

"Hello Yibo, will you be here today?" Wei Zhan froze when a gentle female voice enquired. His throat went dry and kept his mouth shut.

"I know it's difficult for you but the baby is very persistent."

"I will only eat food with my Daddy!" A cute little voice interrupted and Wei Zhan was thunderstruck.

With trembling fingers he hung up the call, tears falling miserably from his eyes. All the negative emotions swallowed him up, crushing his soul from within. With heavy steps Wei Zhan exited the room.

Why? Why am I so unfortunate? He said he loved me and I took his words. But all this time he was pulling wools over my eyes. I gave him my heart for free and he made it worthless.

Lan Yibo came out of the shower and pulled out his business suit from the wardrobe. After dressing up he fixed his hair and stepped out of the room. Lan Yibo felt uncomfortable sensing the silence in the mansion. He walked towards Wei Zhan's bedroom and hesitantly opened the door. He took a glance inside and found the room empty. He heaved a long sigh and walked downstairs.

He is still upset with me. I guess I should make things right between us.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

WEI CORPORATION
--------------------------------

Wei Zhan sat in his office with a grim face. His thoughts were running wild and was unable to concentrate on his work. It was around noon and Xiao Xing Chen entered his office and informed, "Zhan, yesterday's client is here to see you."

"Let him in."

Xia Zhiguang stepped inside with a smile. As soon as he entered, he noticed Wei Zhan's sad aura.

"What's wrong Zhan?"

Wei Zhan lifted his face and gave a faint smile, "Nothing. I'm doing good."

"Just who do you think you are lying?" Xia Zhiguang rolled his eyes.

"Why do you think that I'm sad?" Wei Zhan chuckled lightly.

"I don't know. You seems sad Zhan." Xia Zhiguang paused for a moment, "Come on let's have lunch together."

Wei Zhan was about to speak but the other man interrupted him, "And you can't deny it. We are going for lunch. That's final."

And with that Xia Zhiguang dragged a pouty Wei Zhan out of his office.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Lan Yibo entered the restaurant with the lady and child. The little boy smiled happily and held onto Lan Yibo's fingers. As the waitress greeted them, Lan Yibo spotted his husband sitting with guy and chatting enthusiastically.

Why is Zhan here with that client guy?

Wei Zhan was so indulged in his conversation that he failed to notice Lan Yibo entering the restaurant. Lan Yibo settled down a little far from Zhan's table so that he could monitor him. He ordered the dishes and his face fell upon watching Wei Zhan smiling widely at the guy.

The little kid noticed Lan Yibo'discomfort and pouted, "Is something wrong? Are you not feeling well daddy?"

Lan Yibo shifted his attention from Wei Zhan and tried to put up a smile. "I'm fine baby. Don't worry."

The boy jumped down from his seat and approached Lan Yibo with sparkling eyes, "I want daddy to feed me."

"Sure little guy. Come here." Lan Yibo lifted him and placed him on his lap. He gently ruffled his hair and feed him the food.

"Baby, how about we order some ice cream?"

"Yep. I love ice cream."

"Well who do you love more? Me or ice cream?" Lan Yibo asked teasingly.

"I love daddy more." The little boy giggled and hugged the older man. Lan Yibo chuckled and returned the hug.

Lan Yibo saw Wei Zhan exiting the restaurant with the guy and felt heartbroken. He missed the younger man's presence and decided to have a conversation with him tonight.

A few minutes later the trio left the restaurant.

"See you tomorrow daddy." The little boy waved his hands.

"Sure baby. Take care." Lan Yibo bid farewell with the lady and boy.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

WEILAN
---------------

In the evening he reached WeiLan earlier and waited for his husband's return. Wei Zhan turned up late and walked upstairs. As he was about to enter his bedroom, Lan Yibo stopped him.

"Why are you late Zhan? Why can't you return a bit earlier?"

Wei Zhan ignored the elder man and stepped inside his room.

"Where were you Zhan? Answer me!" Lan Yibo grabbed his wrist roughly.

"Don't concern yourself with my issues." Wei Zhan yanked his hands from Lan Yibo's grip and closed the door.

Lan Yibo stood by the door with a heavy heart. He retired back to his room and sat on the couch. His mind went blank with grief and a long sigh escaped his lips.

Why are you doing this to me Zhan? Are you really tired of being with me?

On the other hand, Wei Zhan felt pathetic. He removed his neck tie and slumped on the bed. He grew more restless with the passing of every second.

The lady with the child. What is her relationship with my Yibo? Is she really here to take him away from me?

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Xue Yang embraced Xiao Xing Chen as they watched the movie. They enjoyed the company and relaxed in each other's warmth. Coincidentally both of their phones rang at the same time.

Xue Yang picked up the call lazily, "Hey Yibo, it's so rare for you to call at night."

"Yang, listen carefully. I need you to check on a guy. He is one of Zhan's clients and please give me his details at the earliest."

At the same time on Xiao Xing Chen's call, "Hello Zhan. What's the matter?"

"Chen, I need a favour. I'll send an image of a lady. Give me her information. The sooner, the better."

After the calls Xue Yang said,"Dumb Yibo. He is spying on Zhan."

"What!!" Xiao Xing Chen exclaimed. "Zhan is doing the same."

Xue Yang's eyes widened, "Are they stalking each other?"

Xiao Xing Chen nodded his head, "Something's fishy between the couple"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sorry for the short chapter🙏😅.

We'll be having offline classes from tomorrow😭😭. For two weeks. The announcement was so sudden and we don't even have proper notes for 1st semester 😢😢😢 Moreover  both of us are in two different colleges. We'll miss each other a lot!!

But don't worry. There will be regular updates😁.

Anyway  pls Vote and Comment if u like this update.

Stay tuned for the next chapter!!!

Stay safe n healthy