5. Parking lot

Dean's POV:

Entering the park deck I see my parking lot free for a change. For a second, I feel a little triumphant to have beaten her to be here first until I see her Mustang parking in a different parking lot a few feet further away.

That's all I wanted all week, she had me going insane with annoying the shit out of me because of a damn parking lot. So why do I feel disappointed about this right now? Is she finally listening and realizing who's the boss?

What frightens me a little, is the thought it might have to do with last night. Did I push her too much? This wouldn't be my normal behaviour, but with her everything is different. She pushes me so much and the more she fights against me, the more I want to make her do what I want.

I've always been a control freak for sure and things have to be done my way. And until now there was never an issue with it. People would do what I tell them and expect them to do. Kiara doesn't, not one single time. Ok, yes when it comes down to work she kind of does, even if she is the first person to correct me, but she obliges my main wishes to her work.

But anything outside of that is a constant battle. Hearing she only ate one single apple yesterday and she wasn't even quite sure about that, had me going fucking angry. How can she be so careless about herself? And instead of her letting me make sure she gets some decent food down her, she had to fight me again and even walked out on me.

The adrenaline flushing through my body in that moment was unbelievable and I could have cursed my dad to hell for the moment he appeared. Things were so intense and I know it was right to stop and it probably was for the better for both of us and yet a part of me wishes he hadn't turned up.

Maybe she feels harassed or something? Afterall I did corner her, my own employee and not for the first time. An employee I have to work together with very close. Fuck! So much for self control. That's probably it, that's why she is parking somewhere else today, she is obeying me so she won't feel harassed by me. How do I put that straight?

Sexual harassment is the last thing I could do with as a famous important CEO. I won't lie, I wanted her last night. The way she fights me, has me going insane but fucking turns me on as hell too. But that doesn't mean I would ever touch her, or do anything to her she doesn't want.

How the hell do I keep my distance today and still bring up the meeting I need her to attend with me on the weekend? The heck, we need to leave tomorrow and I haven't even asked her if she has plans despite a passport.

Sitting at my desk I can't seem to concentrate on my work. My mail folder is showing an unbelievable amount of unread mails again, as soon as I spot a certain name in my inbox my mood lifts a little, moving the cursor to the name Kiara Summers, I click on to the mail only sent a couple of minutes ago.

Dear Mr Arlington,

I'm sorry for the delay with the mail. As usual you will find everything attached and we can use our procedure from the last days to discuss if needed. I have set up a reminder for tonight, so you will recieve my mail on time.

Kiara Summers

This mail sounds like she is trying to avoid me, telling me I don't need to come over to talk about the mail and she is making sure I have no reason to walk over tonight. Well too bad, I still need to talk to her personally today anyway.

Thank you Ms Summers,

I need to talk to you personally about an important project today. If you have no plans for the lunch break, I will pick you up at 1pm.

Dean Arlington

With this I can make sure she eats and my mail should take any fear from her that I want to push her or something. Damn if things stay so complicated, I don't know how this is supposed to work in the long run.