23. Join me

Dean's POV:

My eyes widen with Kiara asking me what I have in mind. I mean this is Kiara we're talking about, she usually puts up a fight about everything. The excitement in my body rising at the thought of her possibly agreeing, my arms wrap tighter around her.

"There's this gala event friday evening, you know from these magazines." I feel a little embarrassed about the subject, although she probably knows these things anyway. "You know there's every year these events.....", she notices how uneasy I'm feeling and cuts me off.

"What the sexiest man alive thing?", she says rolling her eyes but chuckling.

"Well at least UK", in the past I used to find it funny, but I'd rather be known for my work than for my face and body. Yet sometimes one thing comes handy with the other. And if Kiara will join me this year, they might not harass me so much about being the hottest bachelor and trying to match me constantly with someone.

Jeez, I'm not some celebrity who lives from being all over the TV and magazines. I'm a god damn business man.

"So what about that event? You want to tell all the paparazzi then?", she eyes me curious.

"Actually I thought I could show them. Would you please join me to this event?"

Her eyes widen in shock. "You want me to go to a public event with you?"

"Yes please. The paparazzi have been on us already anyway. This way we can decide what side of the story they get. We could give a short interview, or at least I could give one with you at my side. And the world would know you're mine."

"So this is what it's about? You want to make sure no one else comes and takes me?", she teases and makes me growl.

It's not like I would ever admit to it, but sure as hell it's one of the reasons. I see the look on the faces of the guys at work, practically everywhere she goes. And after those photos on the net guys are even more crazy about her. Jeez even my friends can't keep their eyes off of her. And there's nothing I can do.

Not even putting my arms protectively around her. Or say a word when someone says something, because it's all kept secret. And I don't want her to feel at any point she's my secret affair, a dirty little secret I need to be ashamed of. She's my girl and I want everyone to know.

With Nadine it was different, she simply made sure everyone knew. She also was so damn jealous that she insisted going along to any public event I went. It's crazy, thinking about how jealous she was and yet she was the one who cheated on me. Although it's probably the best thing that could have happend, because otherwise I would probably still be stupid and blind and be together with her.

I would have never realized there's someone a lot better for me out here. With Nadine I thought it was love, with Kiara even if it's been such a short period, I know it's love. This between us is so much more than it ever was with Nadine. And I know we're still growing on it, which is a little scary.

"Dean?" Kiara breaks through my thoughts.

"Sorry got a little lost in my thoughts. Anyway, will you join me?"

"Uhmmm.....I-I don't know these public things and so many people."

"Have you ever seen the crowd at your races?", if this is the excuse she wants to turn me down with, I might get a little pissed.

"Well yea, but there are no cameras on me there."

"I'll be there. And if you will be my girlfriend, you will have to get used to it in the long run anyway. You did well in Dubai and I know the people will love you."