35. Killing me

Kiara's POV:

After an extremely restless night I quit trying to go back to sleep and get up at 9am. A quick look into Dean's room proves me right, Dean hadn't come back at all last night. My heart drops and I daren't even think of the possibilities why he hadn't come home. I had sent him a couple of messages last night, all read but none answered.

If he had been in an accident, he couldn't have read the messages and surely, they would have contacted his dad. And his dad definitely would have contacted me, or at least Gale. Trying my hardest to sooth my senses I head for a long hot shower. He'll have some good explaining to do, when he comes back.

As I'm not in the mood to dress myself up and it's fairly warm outside, well it's middle of July, I simply grab some navy-blue jeans shorts and a yellow tanktop. Just as I'm about to make my breakfast I hear the elevator together with some stumbling and two vioces.

Seconds later I'm relieved to see Tyler's face, who is currently dragging a totally drunk Dean along.

"Good morning Beautiful", Tyler beams with a cheeky grin on his face.

"Good m-m-mor-morning Honey", Dean slurs before glaring at his best friend, probably due to the way he called me. Jeez he is so wasted.

"Good morning Ty", I try to give him a warm smile, while ignoring Dean.

"My morning?", Dean manages to get out while pouting, or I think that's what his drunken state is trying to do anyway. And I guess he was asking me, what about his good morning or something like that.

I'd give him a hell of a rant now if I wouldn't think he will have probably forgotten it in five minutes already. Instead I simply keep up ignoring him, he'll have to sober up first.

"Bed", Dean utters towards Tyler as he's about to drop him on the couch.

"The hell am I getting you up the stairs. You want your bed, then you better crawl up yourself. I have dragged your drunken ass far enough", Tyler shakes his head at his friend, who is already about to pass out on the couch.

Tyler comes sauntering over to me asking for a coffee.

"What the hell where you up to last night?", I ask him with a slight chuckle motioning in Dean's direction, whom I haven't seen this wasted before.

Tyler lifts his arms in surrender. "No idea what he was up to, but don't drag me into it. I got a call from a bartender we know at 6am, they couldn't get Dean to move his ass out of the bar when they wanted to close. So I went to pick him up, but he was too fucking passed out in the car to even give me the code to the apartment. Well and as I know you like your beauty sleep I didn't want to wake you. So I waited down in the car with him until he woke up, or well at least something like that", he tells me while pointing at Dean and shaking his head again.

"So he wasn't out with you?", I ask carefully, guess the fear in my voice is still lacing through though.

Tyler seems to think about what to answer best, not wanting to rat on his best friend. But when his eyes meet mine, he shakes no. That relieved feeling suddenly gone again, well at least he didn't spend the night with Nadine or at another woman's place.

"Everything alright with you guys?", Tyler seems a little uncomfortable with this question but concerned at the same time.

"Well I guess so. I mean Dean has been really in a bad mood this week. We've not seen each other much. But I guess he's just been in a lot off stress at work. Being a CEO probably isn't always easy and especially not after having been away for three weeks", I try to shrug it off and hope this really is the reason.