17. Candy floss

Dean's POV:

Kiara insisted on me going back to work after taking wednesday off. And she was damn right, both of us missing on the same day inflicted many more rumors. Gina was the first one to confront me with it. At least she has the polite way to talk to me, instead of like all the others talking behind our backs.

One thing I had to do, was talk to my dad. I roughly explained Kiara's situation, without going into too many details and yet explaining why she will be living with me. Of course he's worried this whole thing will blow up in our face, but it's better he knows than finding out accidentally. Besides his worries he had a huge smile on his face, once I left his office.

That makes a huge difference to the whole situation. My dad never liked Nadine and always mentioned how much better I could do. While with Kiara I can see his only concern is the concern about the situation. He actually wanted to go and visit Kiara in hospital himself which really took me by surprise, but I told him it wasn't a good idea. I didn't want Kiara to feel like her story is being spread.

The two days at work without her being there felt so wrong. Weird how you can get used to things so quickly. A few times I caught myself in the tracks wanting to walk over to her office.

After the huge magazine blow and all those photos from us, Gina was also dealing with loads of magazines wanting to have an interview with me. I let her decline all of them. For the moment I'm simply going to keep my mouth shut, I'm not going to confirm or decline anything. This is too early, besides Kiara and I need time to figure all this out ourselves.

Ever since I woke up this morning I feel all excited and giddy. Today Kiara is allowed to come home. Which means she's coming to my home and even if this seems like a damn stupid idea so quickly, I can't help but like it. Even if I know she wants to find her own apartment as soon as possible, for the moment I'm simply going to enjoy the time with her. Well I hope so anyway, we might as well be fighting all along. Both of us stubborn as fuck.

As I don't want her to feel pushed in any kind of way, I've put up the spare bedroom for her. This way she can have her own space if she needs it. One last check in her room, tells me she should have everything she needs. I've even placed a small box with a new phone on her bed. If it hadn't been for her having to rest her head, I would have brought it into hospital for her and I could have texted her when ever I wanted. Well this was for her own health.

Arriving at the hospital, I have to wait outside her room. She's just having her final check up and I'm nervous as fuck. Will she like my place at all?

As soon as the door opens I rush into the room, which means nearly crushing into that stupid nurse. I mean this Steven guy who's been way too friendly to Kiara. Kiara doesn't believe me, when I tell her, that guy is totally into her. She simply waves it off, but he can't fool me. Jeez I'm a guy and I know that look on his face imagining her naked. If I find out he's been in here while she was naked or something, I swear I'm going to rip his head off.

The other nurses here suck too, they seem to have a knack for all those trash magazines and have been oggling me from the first day. And of course I heard them talk about me and Kiara. Before any of this ends up in a magazine I went straight to the headboard and made it clear, that if any of this business leaves the hospital I'm going to sue them so badly.

I mean of course they have to keep things secret anyway. But who knows if these gossip nurses think about it, while gushing drunk over the magazines with their best friends.

Kiara is just talking to Dr Pierce, who's an old family friend when I approach and wrap my arms from behind around her. Watching her nearly jump and squeal surprised, makes me chuckle. It's funny how she can be so concentrated on one thing, completely blending everything else out what is happening around her.