55. Christmas party part 1

Dean's POV:

It's been six weeks since that dreadful court case. Although I know how hard that court case was for Kiara, well to be precise for all of us, she went through with it in a typical Kiara way. She cursed the hell out on the people especially my mother and Mr Cole.

If I hadn't been so worried about her it would have been hilarious to watch. In the end she even got a fine and was nearly thrown out of the court for bad behaviour. Tsss I can't believe they called her out for bad behaviour after what she has been through. Calling Mr Cole a cold-hearted bastard or my mother a psycho baby stealing horror freak while they were brought into the courtroom in handcuffs wasn't exactly what the judge liked to hear.

And the lot worse cursing while their lawyers tried to find a way to get them out of the shit while pressuring Kiara, was cursing on a completely new level. I know how afraid she was, but one thing's for sure, she wouldn't show that to any of them. Jeez if she behaved anything like that during she was kidnapped, and I have no doubt she did, then it surprises me she got through this without even more injuries.

Our lawyer and the judge asked her to calm down a few times and I think the only reason she didn't get into more trouble was, because of the background story. Because of everything they put her through, but our lawyer also pushed it on to her trauma and hormones, trying his best to defend her behaviour.

But let's face it, that was simply the feisty Kiara as I know her. She's learned to fight and never to put up with the bullshit thrown at her. So whoever does better run. At some point I even thought she scared the shit out of my mother's lawyer.

Mr Cole got eight years, it was taken into consideration that he didn't just put up with what mainly my mother did to Kiara, but that he misused his position to set my mother free.

Logan got four years and has to take some psychiatric care. As he tried to protect Kiara partially and admitted to everything, his sentence wasn't as high. Personally I was close to losing it because I think he should have been sentenced a lot higher. But Kiara says it's ok, as he really wasn't as bad as the others. He tried to take care of her wounds and give her painkillers, he never wanted her to get hurt in the first place and he had nothing to do with the accident. That was only my mother and Mr Cole. She thinks what he really needs is psychiatric care. Towards him she didn't react bad in court either and for a moment I was thinking about a Stockholm syndrom with her.

As for my mother, she's got another ten years of prison sentence and will this time hopefully really be locked up for a life time in psychiatric care after it.

Ever since we got the results of their sentences Kiara has come a little more to rest. The nightmares are still there, but they aren't as frequent and intense anymore. Which still means at least every second night though.

The sentence and Kiara relaxing a bit hasn't stopped me to put up security for most of the time though. The only times there's no security nearby, is when I tell them to. Which hasn't happend yet though, I want my family safe no matter what. But I know there will be situations when I will send the security away.

Our designer and the complete handworker team worked as fast as possible. Which means Kiara and I are able to move into our new house today. Well it's not much of a move, I had a company take care of everything. We simply had the most necessary left in my apartment for one night, as if we were staying in a hotel.

It's one week to Christmas and what Kiara doesn't know, I've organized a small Christmas party with our friends and my dad and Gale tonight. Dad and Gale will be flying away for Christmas, same as Tyler, so I thought we'll have an early Christmas party at our new home. We've talked about Christmas a lot lately, Kiara never had a proper Christmas with her parents.