38. Pain

Kiara's POV:

My whole world has just crumbled to my feet. Even although I had the feeling after his message last night this might be happening, there was still this tiny stupid hope left in me, hoping there was a good explanation for it. I was holding on to the string, that he would never cheat. Not after the pain we both went through after both of our partners cheating on us.

Why didn't he just tell me it's over? Why did he keep on lying, telling me he loves me? That it's only business with Nadine. Why did he sleep with me only a day before this? My hope and love were too strong to give up on him and he just went ahead and broke me worse than anyone else ever could.

Even if it kills me even more, I need to know what is written in the magazine. As there obviously was an interview too. Without getting up, I simply reach out to the top of the desk and pull the magazine down. Just seeing the photo switches the waterfalls on again.

Once I've finally got a little control over my tears, I start reading with blurry eyes.

Lost love back together

Reporter: Ms Cole, it's not the first time you've been seen around Mr Arlington again in the last couple of weeks. Does this mean you've figured things out?

Ms Cole: Yes, we did, we've spent a lot of time together in the last few weeks. Our love never died, we just needed to find back to each other.

Reporter: It must have been a very intense time then. From what we caught earlier on this summer you were hardly on speaking terms.

Ms Cole: Well I know I did some great mistakes and Dean realizes his part in this whole thing too. We now know where our mistakes lie in the past and we want to work past it and have a new beginning. We were each other's first proper loves, we realized that's something worth fighting for.

Reporter: So you mean you've found back a lost love

Ms Cole: Oh yes, most definitely. (a huge smile appears on her face, saying these words)

Reporter: What about Ms Summers? I mean they have been officially together now for a couple of months.

Ms Cole: Well she's very clingy and it's been hard for Dean to tell her, especially as she is mentally very instable. It's not my place to tell, but that poor girl has been through a lot in life. Even if he loves me, he didn't want to be responsable if anything happend to her. And I guess he needed some distraction between our relationship, I can't blame him.

Reporter: Does this mean you think she is suicidal or mentally ill?

Ms Cole: Oh I'm not going to judge on this poor girl. It's just we've been working together for a couple of weeks and it was impossible not to notice her mood swings and how desperately she was hanging on to Dean.

Reporter: Only a couple of weeks ago, Mr Arlington and Ms Summers were together on the Bahamas, they seemed a happy couple there. What do you think about the situation and did it hurt you to see the pictures of them together?

Ms Cole: Yes it did hurt to see them like that. But it also opend my eyes and I knew I had to apologize for what I did. Which I did first thing after they came back, that's when Dean and I started working things out. We argued at first of course, both of us were hurt and angry, but it didn't last long until we talked things through and worked them out. We knew we needed each other.

Reporter: So this has been dragging on for weeks? Did Ms Summer know? Do you feel bad for her?

Ms Cole: Yes it started the week after they came back. It was a little ride up and down the rollercoaster, in the end we both knew what we felt. As Dean spent most of the time with me, Ms Summers surely must have known. Do I feel bad for her? Well maybe a bit, but let's be honest the main reason for her to be together with Dean, was the money and becoming popular. Thinking about it this way, I'm glad Dean wasn't being used for too long. He has such a great heart.