42. Clubbing

Kiara's POV:

I'm woken by a knock at the door. "Go away", I growl and Dean's laugh appears from the other side of the door.

"Come on open up Kar, it's time for breakfast." A short look at my phone on the night table tells me it's already 9am and we have a long meeting day ahead of us. This time shift is killing me.

Already pissed off, I yank the sheets off from me, stomp to the door and open the door for him. The second he closes the door behind him and I hear the sharp intake of his breath, I realize how dazed my mind still was while opening the door.

"Holy fuck", he mutters underneath his breath, while staring at me in my short creme coloured silk babydoll.

It's not like he hasn't seen me in next to nothing before and less, but now everything is different. There's two ways out of this, blushing and running or being sassy.

Self confident, or at least I pretend to be, I stem my hands into my waist and wait for a moment. "Well if you have seen enough, I'd much appreciate you avert your gaze somewhere else. And move your ass somewhere for me to have some privacy. I don't need some perv gawking at me at this time of day."

He opens the door to a kind of living area and clears his throat. "Ah....uhmm...eh..Sorry, I'll just wait here, take your time", and he closes the door behind him.

As soon as he does, I face palm myself. Why did I even open the door for him? I should have sent him away the second he spoke. And then not thinking twice about opening the door like this to him? Jesus I really wasn't in my right mind.

With a rush I shower quickly and get myself ready. Today I'm wearing a dark blue business dress, with a heart shaped cleavage and lace sleeves. Due to the cut it plunges up my breasts a little more, not that it was necessary.

I only put some light tinted gloss on my lips, do my eyes and pull my hair up to a strict high ponytail on my head. Damn I still feel sickly from the amount of shots I had last night.

Entering the living area, Dean's eyes dart from his phone back up to me. "I love that sleepy look you had on you earlier but as always you look great Kar."

"Cut it off Dean and could you please stop calling me Kar, it's way too intimate for the professional business partnership we're only still leading", my voice trying to avoid anykind of emotion slipping through, which could betray me.

His face falters and an unreadable expression takes over. "Fine Kiara, ready for breakfast? We have a long meeting ahead of us and I would like to know my staff is well prepared and provided with everything for a successful day."

"And why does this mean I have to have breakfast with you? I could have just as well eaten on my own, just as you could have. Would have saved us these awkward moments." It would have been best I had ordered myself breakfast to the room.

"They're only awkward because you make them awkward."

"No it's awkward because I have to endure being in the same place as a jerk", I counter.

His mouth gapes open and I can see he wants to reply something but leaves it in the end.

The breakfast really is awkward just as expected. We spend it in total silence, not even looking at each other while typing things on our phone.

******

Todays meeting is completely different to yesterdays. Olga's husband Wladimir is leading the headboard and seriously he gives me some mafia vibes creeping me out. With all the security on top within the room, I don't feel at ease at all.