52. Rock and roll

Dean's POV:

It's Friday and as promised I've taken the day off. Right now Kiara is back into surgery, but only a very small one to take all those wires out of her legs. Even if it's less than an hour for everything, the waiting is killing me. Knowing the narcotics again aren't good for the babies and Kiara will be dealing some fresh pain again.

On the other hand she's been so excited about it, knowing she'll be able to leave the bed again and very slowly start training her legs. I use my waiting time to call the real estate, there are a couple of houses I would like to take a look at. With babies my apartment won't be appropriate and Kiara is going to take at least a couple of months until she will be able to walk.

No one can tell us at this point how much she will be able to regain. Some nerves have been destroyed and with all the bone crashes, we don't know how the pain will be even once it's fully healed. So what we need is a home where she can move around freely with her wheelchair for at least a couple of months.

The thought of her never being able to fully use her legs again hurts a hell of a lot, especially knowing how much she loves to dance. But she's convinced to gain full control over her legs again with enough training and otherwise she'll simply rock and roll from now on. Her words not mine.

Her wheelchair has been delivered today, she wanted a bit of a badass wheelchair according to her. That's the reason there's a Dodge Charger on the back of her seat in the Fast and the Furious style. She also chose black spikes and somehow the whole thing looks sportiv and badass. I think if she wouldn't worry about having to use it for work, there would be fuck you or something like that written on it.

There are a couple of houses which would fit into my requests. One I like specially is an unsual one for this region, it's a bungalow on the outskirts in a very rich area. There's a pool house on the ground, a large garden which would give our kids enough space to play later on. And as it's all ground floor, Kiara wouldn't have any issues getting anywhere.

And another house same area, which would be my dream house to bring up kids, it's huge, has everything I would like to have, pool in and outdoor, a gym and an extraordinary huge garden. But we would have to install a lift for Kiara's wheelchair as it's over 3 floors. But if she likes it, I'd organize anything for her.

I guess once she's allowed home in three weeks it will all be new, different and take us time to get used to anyway. At the moment it seems like Kiara is more relaxed about the wheelchair than I am though. She says she'll deal with anything if it just means she can move around again. I admire this woman so much for her incredible strength.

Since our first kiss again 3 days ago, I can feel how everything has also shifted between us. She seeks my kisses and touches again. When I'm here our bodies always make contact in some kind of way. We've spent hours in the evening lying here in her hospital bed kissing, much to the disapproval of some of the nurses, well it's not like we would care about it in any kind of way. It's not like Kiara is sharing her room with someone.

Once her legs arent fixated after today anymore, she will also be able to lie on her sides again. Which also means she can lay her head on my chest again or I can spoon her, something I've missed like hell. It's only when you can't do these simple things anymore, you realize how much you miss them.

When the door opens and I see my girl being pushed back into the room with her orthosis now on both legs instead of some wires I relax a little. "How did things go? And what about the babies, how did they take the narcotics?" I inquire when Dr Pierce comes in only minutes later. I know he wasn't the one in charge, but he takes care of us.

"It went fine Dean; the surgery went just as planned and the babies are fine too. The next 3-4 weeks she should be wearing the orthosis day and night, so she can't make a sudden wrong movement during sleep. After that she only needs to wear them during the day and we'll have to see how long for. You'll have a physio therapist coming home once she leaves I've heard."