Chapter 37

"I'll gladly decline that offer."

That is, if Eunbi was brave enough to reject him so bluntly. She knew that he wasn't gonna be as willing to let her go by such an answer. She racked her brain thinking of a way to come out with the best solution before she gave him an answer.

"Are you serious? Me? Being a model under your agency? Don't you know that my name's already tainted by the fake news before? The people won't like it you know. And it could result in your stocks falling down the hill, which means you're gonna lose investors and eventually.... go down."

"It's not like i haven't thought about it before. I've thought of the consequences, and judging by how well you were doing even before the incident occurred, I'd be more than happy to take the risk."

Tsk.

"You know, the time I've spent before in prison made me realize that being a model doesn't suit me at all. Like, it started to make me act like a diva at one point in my life, all high and mighty. That downfall I had was one of the worst feelings that I've ever been through. I never want to go through something like that again, which is why I'd have to decline your offer."

"..." Her father did not speak another word as he let out a sigh of frustration while still keeping his composure. He tilted his head to the side as he spoke.

"You know this isn't some kind of thing that you can reject, don't you? I'm not really asking you whether you want to or not, rather I'm Ordering you to be a model under my agency"

"Then i don't want to follow your order. I'm still standing by the choice i made, and it won't ever change. Simple as that." He blinked his eyes a few times before he hung his head low as he opened his drawer taking out what seemed like a piece of paper.

"It's not like I didn't expect you to reject my offer. Which is why I'm offering you a second option."

"I don't even want to hear it. I'd rather live my life as a college student, hanging out with my friends and having fun rather than being a model, having to put on a mask everywhere I go. Being a model for a year was fun and all, but it was enough."

"I see. But what about your boyfriend, Eunbi-ah? Are you sure you want that guy to die so soon when he has yet to hit the age of twenty? Surely you wouldn't want that now would you?"

"...you sick man. He never did anything to you! Also he's not my boyfriend! He's also gonna be twenty years old this year!"

"But surely, he's one of the most strong candidates who can help me with influencing your decisions. Indirectly, of course. Also stop being in denial, Eunbi-ah. I know you love that guy. Minho there has been giving me reports on how you'd usually act around the guy. All clumsy and stuff."

"STOP!!" Eunbi screamed on top of her longs as both her face and ears grew red. He immediately stopped as he coughed in an attempt to move on with another topic, sensing an impending death.

"Anyway, so if you don't want him to be killed, then you'll have to either choose the first option, or the second one. The first one is, as I've offered to you, it is to be a model."

"What's the second option?"

"The second option is that you'd have to assist me in running the agency. More precisely, you're gonna be a finance manager. Managing and coordinating monthly reporting, budgeting, Monitoring cash flow, and such. It doesn't matter whether you have the knowledge or the experience of being in the finance department or not, someone here from the agency will guide you along the way. And the pay is fairly high as well, that way you can support your mother financially, and even have more to save. So which one is it going to be? To be a model under the bright spotlight? Or become someone behind the scenes with a high-paying salary?"

__________

"So... there's not even a single lead huh...?" After an hour of discussing and talking about Eunbi's possible whereabouts, they went nowhere and were still back at the first square. Chaewon on the other hand, seemed like she's been holding back her thoughts and finally spoke out.

"Actually, there is one oppa. But I'm not-"

"Really?!" He instantly swooped onto Chaewon's shoulders shaking it roughly making her swing around as Minju told him to stop.

"S-Sorry. You were saying?"

"I think i know where to find her, but..."

Chaewon's thoughts then started to flashback to the times when they were still a high-schooler, where Eunbi had told her about her father's whereabouts.

Flashback

"So all this time you've only been living with your mom, unnie?" Chaewon asked as she took a sip from her warm tea, before placing it back onto the desk. It was a cold autumn day where the two were hanging out as usual, getting to know each other better.

"Yes."

"That sounds tough. So your mom was the only one who's been supporting you?"

"Yeah... we didn't get any kind of financial support from my father. And everytime i asked my mom to sue him, she'd dismiss him saying he has too much money for us to win against him in court, so that wasn't an option."

"Really? What kind of person is he?"

"Well... do you know an agency that goes by the name of flower ent.?" Chaewon nodded her head vigorously after hearing her mention such a name.

"That model agency?!" Eunbi nodded.

"Yup. That model agency. He left us to build an agency on his own, and look at how big he is now. I never understood why he left in the first place, which is why I despise him a lot." Eunbi's gaze turned grim looking away from her.

"I've also heard from my mother that his agency is one of the dirtiest out there, so i wouldn't dare as much as to even pass by the front of his office."

"If he's such an important person, then shouldn't you be scared that he might meet you by accident one day?"

"Of course. Which is the reason why i always wear a mask. See?" She pointed towards her face area making Chaewon giggle.

"Disguising yourself. I see. But wow... unnie. I never thought that your father would be that big of a person."

"I don't think of him as my 'father' Chaewon-ah. He's my father only by blood."

Flashback ends

"I'm not sure whether we should even go near the place."

"There's no harm in telling me. Where is it?" He insisted.

"His father runs this agency by the name of Flower ent.. You might be able to find her there, bu-"

"Flower ent.?! That agency?! Wait, her father?!" Y/N sat back in shock due to the mind-blowing information he just heard of.

"Unnie are you serious?" Minju, who was also baffled by the info, asked Chaewon for clarification once more.

"Yes. That agency is run by her father. But unnie said that he left her ever since she was born so she has never met him in real life."

"I thought I already knew lots of things about Eunbi-unnie. Turns out it was just the tip of the iceberg." Y/N laid himself back feeling the lack of energy through his body after hearing that he'd have to face one of the most well-known agencies in his area.

"But we should try it at the very least, oppa. Let's try and look for the address."