Chapter 52

A month has passed by and everything has gone back to normal. Almost. Once her 'father' was caught, the two were sent to the hospital with an ambulance to check for further injuries and to get some treatment. Both Minju and Chaewon were there to see this and told them that they'll be waiting at their place.

When they were about to consult with a doctor, a detective approached them and asked for their consent for further questioning in the case. They obliged and proceeded to have their treatment before they moved on with the detective.

The detectives gave them each a private session on their own, being given questions that had something to do with the father and the agency. They answered as honestly as they could, telling him whatever they knew about the guy, as well as everything they did on the day of the arrest.

Soon after they got out of the station, the two headed to their shared apartment where the others were already waiting for their arrival. Y/N didn't forget to tell Eunbi to call her mom, as she instantly took her phone out and dialed her. While she was talking with her mom, a question ran inside his mind due to a single question by the detective. He was looking for Minho.

After the whole ordeal, Minho never showed himself up to them. He wasn't there when Minju and Chaewon were about to go home, meaning he must've been somewhere else. He attempted to call his phone, where it was picked up after the fourth ring. He gave a simple answer by telling him that he's fine, and that he's glad that Y/N is fine as well. He bid Y/N goodbye and to not look for him since he's also being searched by the police, and that he'll contact him when the time is right.

"Who were you calling just now?" Eunbi asked, having finished with her call.

"It was Minho. He told me not to look for him since he's on the run, and that he'll come to us when the time felt right."

"I hope he knows that I'm grateful for how much help he lended us."

"I'm sure he knows, noona. Now come on, the others are waiting for us."
_______

A few days later...

Eunbi and Y/N are currently in the middle of an outing, doing their usual dating lesson. The sky was cloudy, hinting that rain might fall upon them at any time. Just as they were taking a stroll by the river, the rain started pouring forcing them to run under the bridge.

"It'll let up soon, noona." He said, gazing at the pouring rain. The thought of telling the truth crossed her mind, as she stared at him and wondered how he would react.

He would understand, right?

"Y/N. I have something important that I have to tell you." She broke the silence between them, as they're taking shelter from the sudden rain that came over them.

"What is it noona?" He asked, turning his attention to her. Eunbi strengthened her grip, bracing herself for the worst.

"I... I'm sorry but, I'm not who you think I am, Y/N." She said to him, as he gave a confused look.

"What do you mean, noona?"

"I mean, everything about me being a master in love. You got it all wrong. I have zero experience with romance. None." She hung her head low, unable to lift it up and face him.

"What?" He asked, in a slightly-annoyed tone.

"Yeah. All this time, I'm just deceiving you into thinking that I'm a master, when I'm just a rookie. Also about the thing with me being a model, I was involved in a murder case, being convicted guilty." Her voice vibrated, about to break down in fear. Her hands shook, afraid of how Y/N would react to the situation.

"You were guilty of a murder case? So that's why you tried hard to keep it a secret at your mom's place, and Mr. Kwon's agency?" She nodded, as Y/N let out a sigh of frustration.

"I can't believe this. You really fooled me, huh? I guess you had a good laugh out of it all this time."

"B-But I didn't kill anybody! My name was cleared a year after, Y/N!"

"It still doesn't change the fact that you lied to me. I can't believe this." He grunted, looking up at the sky. Eunbi was on the verge of sobbing, when she held it in.

"After all the times we spent together? I don't know how to feel, noona. Really. How do you expect me to react to such a thing? I... *sigh* to be honest I feel frustrated, after being ridiculed by you."

His words made her heart crack, as she started to sob. She expected him to be understanding and calm, yet what she received was not what she had in mind. It made her frightened, feeling more guilty than she already is.

I deserve this. Y/N has the right to be mad.

"You don't have to forgive me. I'm the one who started this, after all. I'm a loser. You can just leave me if you want."

"If that's what you want me to do." Y/N turned his back onto her. "Goodbye, noona. But I don't want to see you ever again."

She watched him walk under the rain, as she fell onto her knees. She put her hands on her face, crying.

"I'm sorry, Y/N..." She spoke to herself, now being alone all by herself.

"I didn't mean for things to be like this. Please... don't leave me..."
_________

"Noona!" Eunbi felt her body shaking hard, slowly waking up and grunting.

"Wha?"

"You were calling me in your sleep, noona. What happened?" Y/N asked, being worried about his noona's wellbeing.

"Oh. I uh... I had a nightmare, that's all." Eunbi giggled awkwardly, before she felt something fall off of her face. She looked down and noticed that a tear had dropped onto it.

"Really? Because you're crying now, noona. You're not in pain, are you?" He gripped her shoulders, looking into her eyes.

"No, really! I'm fine, Y/N. Thank you for worrying about me." She answered, letting his grip loosened.

"I see. It must've been a gruesome nightmare, since it got you crying and calling me. Want to talk about it?" She then remembered about her dream's content, making her blush.

"I don't even remember what it's about. It's fine, Y/N." Fortunately her room was dark, making him unable to see her complexion.

"Another thing. You might want to make sure to lock the door next time."

"I'll remember that."

They felt a gaze coming to their door, as they turned around and found a pair of eyes staring straight towards them.

"I still live here, remember? Close the door if you want to flirt with each other next time. It pains me." She said before closing the door. The two could only blush, as Y/N left the room, unable to handle the awkward atmosphere any longer.

Time skip

The three of them were eating breakfast, when a call went through Eunbi's phone.

"It's my mom." Eunbi picked the phone up, turning her head away for a little as she spoke with the woman on the line. It turned out to be a short conversation as Eunbi turned off the phone after a few moments.

"That was quick."

"Yeah. She told me to come home soon if possible."

"What's the occasion?"

"She said the guy who helped us with my dad's arrest is there with her. Why, though?" Knowing the reason, Y/N just raised his eyebrows, keeping his lips shut.

"I guess there's only one way to find out. We should go after this, noona. Don't want to keep them waiting now, do we?"