Chapter 20

"Unnie? Are you done with your stuff yet?" Chaewon knocked on Eunbi's door. She got startled because she was leaning against it which made her jumped.

"A- I'm done! Is there something wrong?" She called out to her.

"Are you hungry? Because i'm about to cook some Ramyeon! Do you want some?"

"Sure! I'll be out in a few minutes. Just need to do the finishing touches."

"Okay! But don't take too long!" She heard her footsteps walked away as she rested her head back on her knees for a few minutes before opening her door.

Chaewon was already halfway done from cooking the noodles as Chaewon has started pouring in some spices into it.

"Unnie! Can you help me and grab an egg from the fridge? I forgot to take it out." Eunbi opened the not-so-full fridge because they haven't done their weekly groceries yet.

"Here." She placed the egg next to her as Chaewon picked it up and cracked it one swift movement dropping the egg inside the pot.

"And now, we'll wait until the egg boils...." Chaewon said as she lowered the heat by turning it down.

"Unnie. I saw Minju came inside earlier and walked out with Y/N. Are you okay?" Chaewon asked looking worried.

"What do you mean?" Eunbi put on a strong façade towards Chaewon.

"Don't act dumb to me unnie. I knew you were sitting and leaning against the door just now. You need to tell him your true feelings to him before it's too late."

"Chaewon-ah. Shush." Eunbi put up a finger telling her to stop.

"Unnie. Just admit it. You like him don't you? How long do you think we've been friends? I can see it through you-"

"Then what am i supposed to do?!!" Eunbi snapped as tears were flowing down all the way to her chin. Her eyes were slightly red as she glared at Chaewon who was stunned by her sudden change.

"I can't do anything, Chaewon-ah.... He's already with that girl, you know that right? And by the looks of it, Minju herself has fallen head over heels with Y/N. I can't just take him away from her! I'm supposed to be the older one here so i can't be selfish." Eunbi started toning her voice down.

"I can't, Chaewon-ah.... i can't."

Chaewon turned off the stove before approaching Eunbi who hung her head low pulling her into her embrace while patting her on the back.

"It's okay, unnie. It's not too late yet. It's okay to be selfish once in a while, no matter if you're younger or older. You also need to think about your own happiness."

"But i don't want the ones around me to be-"

"Ssh! Prioritize your own happiness before others. It's good that you're thinking about the others- scratch that! In fact, i think it's great! Not many people has such mindset like you, unnie. You prioritizing others before yourself. It's good, but don't overdo it. Okay?"

She felt a nod from her shoulder as she let Eunbi go from her hug.

"Now let's eat this Ramyeon first."

_________

"Don't you think that you should eat with the others oppa? I mean, you all worked hard today." Minju said as she cut a spoonful of cake and tasted it. Her mouth instantly reacting as she hummed while savoring the sweet cake.

"It's okay. I'll go out to eat with them tonight anyway so i don't think they mind if i go out with you now."

"I see...." Minju then placed her spoon down before looking at Y/N.

"Oppa, i-" Minju was cut off as she noticed that there was a man glancing at them a few times. After noticing that Minju was looking at him, he started walking towards them. Minju got Y/N's attention as she told him to turn around.

"Excuse me." He said in a deep voice as Y/N looked at his face trying to remember where he had saw him before. As if a light just popped on top of his head, he then recalled to them time where he had met him.

"You're that guy that was with Eunbi-noona a few days ago!" Y/N said to him.

"Oh?" He raised his eyebrow. "Looks like you remember me. Mind if we talk for a bit outside?"

"S-Sure..." He said hesitantly. "I'll be back." He told Minju as he followed the guy from behind.

"So.... what business do you have with me?" Y/N asked as he stood on his guard.

"I'll be quick since i don't have too much time. I need your help."

"Help?"

"Yes. First of all, let me introduce myself. My name is Choi Minho, and i'm one of the henchman that Mr.Kwon has put trust in for this job."

Kwon? Does that mean this guy is her dad's henchman?

"Continue." Y/N said shortly.

"I'll need your help in bringing Eunbi back to her father as he has some offer he's going to offer. The offer being making her into a model to his company where she'll be promised a lot of things that she'll want to have. Now doesn't that sound nice?" Y/N nodded in agreement to him even though he knows that he couldn't be trusted.

"So, what do you say?" He ended his offer as Y/N closed his eyes slowly nodding at him.

"Yeah..... no." He changed his nod to a shrug as the guy's face turning his smile flat.

"I can't let you do that. Sorry but, it doesn't look like she wants go back to being a model. Tough luck buddy, but i won't do it."

"Are you sure? I'm giving you one last chance here."

"Solid no. Sorry." Y/N put up a smug look making Minho slightly annoyed.

"Okay, young man. Since you have declined my offer, you'll be seeing more of me soon. As well as my underlings. We'll meet again soon." He said before he bowed at Y/N and walked away.

"I can't wait for our future encounter." He teased him before walking back inside the cafe as Minju looked at him in worry.

"Is everything okay, oppa? What did he do to you?" She looked at his body up and down making sure there was no injuries on him.

"Everything's fine. You don't have to worry about me, Minju-ya."

____________

"Report, Mr.Choi." A deep man's voice called out as Minho stood in front of his desk.

"Yes. It seems that Mr.Hwang won't be cooperating with us. Should we move on with plan B?"

"Tch." Mr.Kwon looked out the window before he thought of a great idea on his mind.

"Not yet. Keep an eye on those two, and please report to me about Eunbi's behavior towards Mr.Hwang. I'll tell you about the future plans based on your reports."

"Will do, Mr.Kwon."

"Good. You may leave." He bowed at him walking out from his office.

"You'll think twice before rejecting my offer, Mr.Hwang...." He chuckled before putting up a frown on his face.

"I'll destroy your life. Kwon Eunbi. It sickens me knowing you have my family name, when you don't even have my blood."