Chapter 53

"Why would he be at my house in the middle of the day? Isn't he supposed to be working at this time of the day or something?" Eunbi pondered as she leaned back onto the bus seat. Her hand holding her chin, thinking of a possible reason.

"I guess he took the day off to clear the situation to your mom? She was never given any detailed explanation of the situation, after all."

"Maybe. But if he were to do that, I was expecting him to at least call me there to explain things from my side with him. Could there be any other reason behind it? *gasp* what if he's asking for money?"

Y/N chuckled, looking at his noona who's becoming a detective-wannabe. He already knew the reason behind his arrival, knowing that he intended on doing this when he had the chance.

"Well I don't know. Like I said earlier, there is only one way to find out. And that is by going there by ourselves." He smiled. Knowing his behavior, Eunbi immediately knew something was off.

"You know the reason behind it, don't you?" She glared.

"What? Of course not."

"Are you taking me for a fool?" She pinched his cheeks, as it made him grunt. "The smile you showed is giving you away. Y/N. But I guess he told you to keep it a secret."

He rubbed his cheek. before replying. "How do you know?"

"You're not the type to keep such things from me. Even if you were, you'd always act like that before revealing it to me in the end." She glanced away whilst answering his question.

"Aigoo~ my noona is so smart~." He returned the pinch she gave earlier and held both of her cheeks before pinching it lightly.

"Stahh!" Even though her words were unclear, he knew that she told him to stop. And he did. She glared at him, sending chills down his spine. If staring could kill, he would've dropped dead by now.

"How dare you!" She pinched him once again, this time with more pressure making him grunt in pain.

"I'm sorry, I learned my lesson noona." He said in defeat.

"You better. You're still far from being able to have a girlfriend, Y/N. What would Minju say to you if you were to do this to her?" She looked away towards the glass, feeling sad after realizing what she just said.

They should already be dating by now, shouldn't they?

"I've already given up on her, noona."

"What?!" She looked at him in shock. "What happened?"

"I didn't expect for you to get that shocked but, it's kind of a long story."

"How long has it been?! Wait, wasn't she with you when you were at my father's agency?"

"Yeah... long story."

"You better tell me the whole story later, Y/N. For now, I need to calm myself down before I meet my mom." She took a deep breath, before letting it out slowly as they were reaching her stop.

Time skip

"Ready?" He asked, as the two of them stood in front of the door. Eunbi nodded before opening the door, revealing a pair of shoes that's foreign to their household.

They walked inside, and were greeted by none other than her mom, and Mr. Seonho.

"Nice to see you again, Mr. Seonho." He smiled, before Y/N continued with his words.

"I'm guessing that you're going to talk about something private, so would it be better if I leave? I'm here just to escort Eunbi-noona, after all."