Chapter 49

Mr. Kwon was visibly in a bad mood, having failed in bribing the agent that's in charge of handling his case. His attempt in bribing the agent has made him fall deeper into the hole. It seemed that he had no way out of this one, counting down to his final moments of freedom.

"I'll be heading to the court, Minho-ya. I can't believe I'm saying this but, wish me luck."

"Y-Yes sir." He stuttered, acting as if the state he's in is making him fall into despair. "I'll be getting the car."

"No need. I'll be heading there alone. Mr. Pyo will be the one who drives me there. You should stay here and keep an eye on that girl, in case she tries to do anything funny." His behavior seemed to be out of place, increasing suspicions within him. But who wouldn't be, when you're on the verge of being slammed into jail? Minho dismissed it as him having a lot of thoughts in his mind, resulting in him acting not as his usual self.

"I hope you'll be able to hold on throughout the trial for today, Mr. Kwon." He gave him a nod before walking towards the elevator, towards his inevitable fate.

Soon after the door closes, he heads somewhere secluded and opens his phone to call the person who started it all.

Time skip

Minho greeted both Minju and Chaewon who'll be playing a part in escorting Eunbi out of the agency. He then walked towards the clerk, in order to give her an info on the visitor.

"They're the new interns that'll be filling in for the employees that have resigned last week." Minho introduced both Minju and Chaewon to the desk clerk, walking past them as they put on a smile in order to not raise suspicions.

They followed him to an empty room that he had set up beforehand, as he told them to wait. He proceeded to head towards the back door, to meet Y/N who's already waiting. A mask and a cap, hiding his identity. As well as a cart full of cleaning equipment, in order to solidify the disguise.

They went back to the room where Minho had dropped the girls off, reviewing the plan.

"Okay, let's go through the plan before we roll out. You two will distract the clerk when I give you the call, and Y/N will escort Eunbi towards the back entrance. I'll be waiting there, so you two better catch up once they've passed. Got it?"

"Question. Wouldn't Mr. Kwon be furious when he finds out that Eunbi-unnie is missing? You'll be held responsible for her disappearance later, you know."

"Relax. I've given it some thought, and with all the evidence that's currently being held against him, there's a high chance that he'll be charged guilty today. His act on bribing the agent was the icing on the cake."

Chaewon nodded, hearing his explanation.

"Well, I don't think I have anything more to say. We should get going then, time's ticking." Y/N said as Minho gave him a nod before leaving the room.

Y/N followed them as they walked past every employee that's busy with their own share of work, having no idea on what's about to happen in the building.

They went straight to the elevator, heading up towards the floor where Minho would usually place the new interns in. As they walked out of the elevator, Minho turned to Y/N and said.

"Wait here. I'll bring both of them towards the room I've set up temporarily, before we head off to Eunbi's work table. Just act like your average janitor for now."

"Roger." He dragged the cart away as Minho guided the two on what they should do once Y/N have gotten a hold of Eunbi. He looked around the place, finding a certain room to hide in if things were about to go south.

He spotted a certain room in a deserted area of the office as he took a look inside.

Yup. This should do.

He went back to the place where Minho had dropped him off as he was yet to be back.

It's kind of scary how things seem to be going pretty well for us. This isn't a trap or anything of the sort... right?

Soon after, Y/N spotted Minho approaching him as he pressed the button for the elevator to bring him to his main goal.

"Nervous much?" Minho asked, calming the nervous kid.

"Ah, yeah. I finally got to see her after weeks, after all. I can't wait."

The display showed the floor they're heading to, meaning that they've arrived at their designated place.

"She's just around the corner." Minho stopped, telling Y/N to walk in front of him. Feeling suspicious of the current situation, he peeked out the corner finding the one he's been looking for.

"Noona." Y/N whispered loudly from the other corridor, approaching her with fast steps.

"Y/N." She fixed her eyes on him, having not seen him in weeks as it reminded her of how much she missed him.

"Not too fast buddy. You might trip." Minho warned, following him as he watched the two reconcile. "In case you forgot about it, we're still at Mr.Kwon's agency. If you two want to talk about how you two miss each other, you can do it once you've reached your home."

"Right. Let's get away from this place. We don't have much time." He said, not realizing that there was a man standing, peeking out on the other end of the corridor.

"Oh no, please. Stay for a while, Y/N. We have plenty of time." A familiar voice echoed from the opposite side, sending chills down the spine.

Is this a trap? Wh-why is he here? Isn't he supposed to be at the trial by now?

Y/N glanced at Minho, as Minho himself was surprised seeing his boss here instead of the court.

"Seems like your plan has been going well, Y/N. Minho." He called his name, as Minho's body tensed up.

"I found your actions for the last few weeks being concerning. Had you talked a little bit less than usual, I wouldn't have suspected you."

Minho looked down in shame, having messed up the plan and ended up endangering the two behind him.

"I already know that I wouldn't last even 1 trial, so I'll do everything I can while I'm still a free man. I told you already, haven't I Y/N? If I ever see you make any scene here, I promise you that there will be consequences waiting for you, your friends and your family. But considering the time I have left, making you perish would be enough."

"No! Don't hurt him!" Eunbi shouted, pleading to the 'father' that already has his eyes set on Y/N. "Y/N, just leave, okay?"

"As if, noona. We've come this far, haven't we? I will never back down, no matter what happens. I might've let you go once, but it won't happen again."