~ ONE ~

Saturday 20th July 2019

~Sophia's P.O.V~

Hearing Cor run around pretending to be a dinosaur makes me laugh every time. He's so unapologetically himself, stomping his feet across the grass, roaring in a high pitched squeal, just enjoying himself. I decided that instead of being couped up in the garden, that a trip to the park with a picnic and a football would be a good idea, especially with it being around 20 degrees outside.

"Cor, do you want to go to the park?" He stopped in his tracks, instantly jumping on the spot, cheering.

"Yes mummy!" He screamed, making me laugh aloud. I stood from the swinging chair, and ran after him into the house, making sure to lock the backdoor behind me.

"You go get your shoes on, and find the football whilst I make some food for us, yeah?" Without a reply he ran to the play room to find the football and his shoes. This gives me time to make a decent picnic lunch for the both of us.

After pottering about in the kitchen for about 15 minutes, the sound of heavy footing alerted me that Cor was on his way down the stairs, with his shoes on. Others would think it was a heard of elephants, not a small child.

Two hours later I was stood filming Cormac run around kicking a football, using the space between two trees as his goal. In his small steps he ran with the ball kicking it in to his goal. He ran around screaming "and he scores!".

I laughed at his attempt of commentating his own goal, he's such an oddball. We had managed to find a relatively quiet area of grass, lots of trees around to shade us from the sun's heat. There was only one other guy around, he was kicking about a football himself further behind us. I kept having to tell Cor to stop staring at the guy, but he would just tell me that he "knows that man" which concerned me a little, not going to lie.

It wasn't until the tall guy was joined by two other guys, one pushing a buggy and the other riding a bike that Cormac realised how he knew this man.

"Mummy! That's Ethan!" He squealed, which only confused me more. Who on earth is Ethan? And why does my son know him?
Unbeknownst to me, whilst I stood there wondering who Ethan is, Cor was already running their way, the football being left behind as an after thought.

"Cormac, no. Don't go near strangers!" I was running after him, my camera now having been thrown into the picnic bag. How many times does this boy need to be told?

~Harry's P.O.V~

"Cormac, no. Don't go near strangers!" The obviously northern accent was what made me turn round first, more so because I didn't realise there was anyone else around. The sight of a small kid running our way, with his dirty blonde hair bouncing about surprised me. Not as much as the woman running after him did though.

Her blonde hair flowing behind her from the slight breeze and her speed, she was slim and much shorter than me for sure. I was trapped in my gaze until I heard a little voice besides me.

"Look mummy, it's Ethan! He's my favourite!" His little face was red from running, but his words came out in one near jumbled mess. I had to laugh, as did Ethan and Freezy. The boys mum as I now knew had just caught up and was now taking hold of his hand.

"I am so, so sorry. I have no idea what's going on with him. We will leave you be, come on Cor, leave these guys alone." She looked so embarrassed, how cute. I felt my cheeks slightly heating up at my thoughts, I need to snap out if this, I don't even know who she is.