~ TWO ~

Sunday 21 July 2019

~Sophia's P.O.V~

Waking up to the sound of your child playing dinosaurs definatly isn't the worst sound in the world, that's for sure. However, waking up to the sound of your son roaring like a dinosaur right down your ear is something left to be desired. I speak from experience, that experience being five seconds ago. Cor found it highly hilarious, more so that I screamed a little, which he always laughs at. This child is going to cause me to have a heart attack one day, that I can promise you. 

"Breakfast time Mummy, wakey wakey, eggs and bacon!" his lack of knowledge in these phrases makes them all the better, although, hes saying what it actually means. The scare that he woke me up to now forgotten about as he pulls on my hand trying to drag me out of bed, this boy is getting stronger by the day.

I get out of bed, slip my feet into my slippers and make my way down to the kitchen, which is thankfully much cooler than the bedrooms in this summer heat. Cor sits at the table, drawing in a discarded notebook whilst i get started on making our breakfast. Scrambled eggs on toast with some bacon.

"Guess where we are going to today, Sweetie" he makes a quiet sound in reply, showing that he is clearly more interested in his drawing than me. "Were going to see Harper and the girls, going round for tea and maybe even stay the night if you want to?" Usually this would have his full attention as he loves spending time with Darcy and Pearl, Harper's eight year old twins, but he was still more intrested in his drawing.

"Cool beans" is all I got in reply from my son, so I walked over to see what he was drawing. I could see what looked like trees, grass and four stick figures, one of which had a football at their feet. He looked up at me as I stood in front of him on the opposite side of the table. "Look, its Ethan and Me and Harry and Cal yesterday, Mummy" ahh, meeting those guys was clearly the highlight of his day... not the picnic and time spent with his own Mother. I see how it is, but I guess that's kids for you. I just smiled at him before getting back to the breakfast to plate it up. 

~4 Hours Later~

"CORMAC! Have you got those shoes on yet? We need to get going to Harper's, Spud" He was in his room, messing about with something or other, rather than putting on his shoes. This boy has been in a daze after meeting those Sidemen boy's yesterday. I just hope that he's not like this for the rest of the day, especially with it only just turning 12pm.

He comes running down the two staircases, from his room up on the top floor, smiling like a little madman, nearly crashing into me when he reaches the bottom.

"You ready to leave now, Sweetie?" he runs to the door without replying, seems to be a common thing for him today.

I pick up our overnight bags and open the front door so we can leave. Walking to the car, I greet our neighbour, who was doing some gardening in the little hanging pots outside her front door. Luckily I live on a street that was a mix of young and older people. Having neighbours that were elderly on either side meant that I always had someone to talk to over the fence who actually likes talking to me too.

 I unlocked the doors to my white Range Rover discovery, Cormac getting into the back, whilst I put our bags into the boot, handing Cormac a drink and snack before making my way to the drivers seat. I get myself comfortable, looking into the back to check that Cor had his seatbelt on properly, before asking him what music he wants to listen to as we make the hour journey to Harper's house in St. Albans. He, like usual, requests to listen to One Direction, a band that me a my sister were big fans of when he was born. He's been raised well as you can tell.