~ EIGHT ~

Saturday 17th August 2019

Its been a good few weeks since Harry returned Cormac's ball, and he had been a regular guest since, coming round for tea a couple of times a week. He has become a friend to me and a best friend to Cor, knocking me from the top spot. I'm not bitter, I promise...

We haven't seen him for the past few days, as he's been away for a brand deal, and we won't see him for the next few days either as me and Cor are going away with Harper and the girls. Cor is a little bummed out by this, as all he ever wants to do now is "play football with the boys" ever since Harry and Ethan came round. He just wants to be one of the lads now, growing up too fast for my liking.

With the holiday fast approaching I was doing some last minute filming, ready to edit together a video to be released whilst we are away. So me and Cor decided to have a day of baking.

I held the camera in my left hand, filming my boy as he was making shapes out of cookie dough. "Tell everyone what we're doing today, Cor." He turned towards the camera, the dough all over his fingers, a huge smile on his face.

"Making cookies!" He went back to cutting out the dough using some random cookie cutters we had in a cupboard. "Think Harry will like them, mummy?" I turned the camera to face me.

"I think so baby." I smiled at him, before looking into the lense to explain why we were making cookies for him. "We, Cormac and I that is, go on holiday tomorrow, with Harper and the girls. So Harry has kindly offered to keep an eye on the house for us. He comes back from Dubai today... I think it was Dubai. Anyways... so as a thank you, we're making him some cookies." I put the camera on the side, so I could make the footage into a short time lapse.

Once the cookies were in the oven, I made a start on tidying up, whilst Cor went upstairs to play. I was halfway through the dishes when my phone started ringing, the screen showing me a video call coming through. It was Harry, so I quickly dried my hands and answered.

"Hello Harry, to what do I owe the pleasure?" It wasn't until I looked at him properly that I realised this wasn't a good call. He looked very annoyed.

"Hey Soph... sorry for calling out the blue, but I'm in need of a favour." I've never heard him like this, he sounded exhausted and pissed off.

"Yeah sure! Is everything ok?" He shook his head, dragging his palm down his face and letting out a groan.

"Lux has taken everything out my room. I've just got home to everything gone, apart from my bed frame and desk. A seven hour flight, with no sleep, stuck in the middle of two strangers who snored the whole way. And I come home to this!" I struggled to contain my laughter, but managed to hold it in so I wouldn't upset him more. "Is there any chance I could stay in your spare room tonight? I know it's a big ask, but if I have to go home after this sidemen shoot and see him, after getting no sleep then-"

I interrupted him, not needing him to carry on and become more frustrated. "Of course you can stay. He picked the worst time to pull that prank, didn't he? But yeah, come round whenever and you can get a proper sleep."

"Thank you! You're a life saver. Right... I've got to get to this shoot, I will see you tonight and I'll buy dinner as a thank you, just send me a message with what you and Mac want." Mac being Cormac's new nickname, one that only Harry is allowed to call him. Even Ethan, his favourite, isn't allowed to call him Mac.

"Okay, hopefully the shoot goes well for you and don't forget to take a breather if anything annoys you. Don't need any of the Sidemen losing a head!" He laughed, shaking his head at me and said his goodbyes before ending the call. Guess I best get the spare room sorted for him then.