~ Fifty One ~

Authors note ~ chapter below

Hi! I'm sorry that its been so long since I last updated. I unfortunately lost a family member at the beginning of the year, someone I was very close to. It's taken me some time to get back into being myself and doing what I usually do. It's taken me a while to be able to write this chapter, trying to get back into writing. But here I am, ready to get on with it.

I hope you're all still interested in this story, which I fully plan to continue. Thank you for all your votes, and comments on previous chapters, it's much appreciated. Hello to all my new readers. Hope you enjoy the new chapter below x

2nd July 2020

This is easily the most stressed I have ever been... Which is saying something considering I spend the majority of my time with a bunch of grown men who act like children.

The supermarket, Tesco, shouldn't be this hard to navigate. I told Sophia that I can do this, so I don't want to have to call her for help. I can do this, right? Right.

Focus.

I scratch at the face mask currently covering half my face, shopping basket in the other hand, which is filled with some snacks that Phia has asked for. I scan down the aisles, trying to figure out which one would have the pregnancy tests... Baby aisle? The beauty one?

"Are you ok sweet? You're looking a little lost." I turn to my left, cast my eyes down a little to find a short lady. Her eyes are soft as she watches me, and she looks to be late 30's.

"Uhh. I - I uh..." Words Harry... Form some bloody words. I look down the aisle in front of me again, before looking back at her. "Yeah, I could probably do with some help..." I give her what I can only assume is an awkward smile. That is until I remember that I have a mask on and she can't bloody see it.

"It's alright sweetheart. What is it you're after? Sanitary pads? Condoms?" Just when I thought it wouldn't get any more awkward. Shoot me. Shoot me now.

"Uhm... Pregnancy test?" Her eyebrows raise in surprise for a short second before settling again.

"Ok sweet, I won't ask any questions. Follow me, I'll help you pick one out." I know she's judging me, in a way a mother would. I can tell she's a mum, with just how she's talking to me, in that calm soothing way. But she's probably thinking that I've got some one night stand or girlfriend of two weeks pregnant. And with my overthinking, my mouth opens before I know it.

"I told my girlfriend that I would buy it. That I have it all under control. But, I didn't stop to think abouth which aisle I'd find them on." She shares a chuckle with me, which instantly settles my anxiety.

"Yeah, my husband said the exact same thing. But the daft sod came home with a thermometer." I laugh whilst she shakes her head. Before I could think on it any longer, she stops just ahead of me and turns towards the shelves. I stop next to her, and look at what she's gesturing to.

"Oh nelly! There's so many of them." I scan the shelves, pregnancy test boxes covering the whole thing, top to bottom. "How... How on earth does anyone know which to buy?"

"Well it doesn't really matter which one you buy, they all do the same primary job. Some just do a bit extra." A bit extra? What the fuck does that even mean?