~ Forty One ~

1st January 2020

The winter sun blinded me as my eyes flickered open, the pounding in my head knocking me sick. I took a moment to let  my eyes adjust, the dry burning sensation not making me feel any better. The start of 2020 and here I am feeling complete and utter shite.

I rolled onto my expecting to see to see Harry's sleeping face, but instead it was a cold and empty space. It was then that I remembered that we have a flight to catch today, and I still need to pack up Cormac's clothes. I bolted up so I'm sat against the headboard, clutching at my head as it started to pound even more than it already was. Today is going to be a long day... Why did I drink so much last night?

Gingerly I got up out of bed, slipping into my slippers and making my way over to my dressing gown that is hanging on the back of the door, as I pulled it over my arms the nauseous feeling took over my body once more. Just as I opened the bedroom door, I heard the heavy footsteps of Harry and the lighter footsteps of Cormac start making their way up the stairs, the pair of them whispering to each other. It wasn't long before they were both in my sight.

"Well good morning sleeping beauty, us two fine young donny's have made us all some breakfast in bed." It was only then that I noticed the tray of food in Harry's hands, and the cups in Cor's hands.

"Wow, what did I do to deserve this?" I looked between the two who are now ushering me back towards the bed, only Harry had a smirk on his face and Cormac was giggling. It only took a few seconds for me to understand why.

"Mum, you were so silly last night, you fell asleep in the taxi, Harry had to carry you to bed. It was so funny." Sitting against the headboard again, I rested my head back against it, as my cheeks were burning in embarrassment. I must have been an absolute mess for that to happen. I watched as the pair made themselves comfortable on the bed, Cormac, to my left and Harry across from us at the end of the bed. The both of them laughing once they noticed how red my face is.

"Oh shut up you two." I let out a short chuckle as I shook my head. "We all had a good night, I just had a little more to drink than usual, maybe a bit too much to drink." I remember going slow with the wine, but Tal and Frey just so happen to be bad influences on me, as many shots of tequila and sambuca were had, and then I can't remember much after that. Thankfully I do remember it reaching midnight, and how happy I was to spend it with my two men.

"You can say that again bub, you were an absolute mess. Started rambling absolute nonsense in the uber home, was quite funny actually wasn't it Mac? Even the driver was laughing too. Then you conked out just as we got round the corner." I closed my eyes, my hangover still ever so present, and only made worse by the ounce of humiliation that pulsed through me. God only knows what shit I was chatting last night.

"Oh don't even tell me, I don't want to know what I said." Laughing at myself to save more embarassment, I picked up my plate of bacon, scrambled egg and toast, picking at it slowly to not upset my stomach. 

"Mum, you said you wanted anoth-" 

"Oh baby, it's ok, really, mummy does not need to know what she said after too much to drink." He giggled, and looked over at Harry where they shared a look and rolled their eyes simutainiously that just tells me that I definitely don't need to know.

"If you say so..." Harry burst out laughing at Cor's words, which will only egg him on. 

"Cormac White! You are becoming a sassy little monster, you know that?" I reached across to tickle him as he let out a squeal of laughter, after a couple of seconds I retreated back to my comfortable position. "Right, how much time to do we have before we need to leave? I still need to-"