~ Twenty Six ~

Saturday 26th October 2019

A nudge against my leg woke me up, it was only a gentle nudge, but it was enough. Opening my eyes, I watched the large figure step over the bodies currently sleeping on my living room floor, making their way over towards the stairs. The fairy lights scattered around the fort lit up the sleeping figures, alerting me that it was Harry who was making his way up the stairs. I watched as he disappeared, seeing a light come on, illuminating the hallway slightly. Assuming that he went to the bathroom, I stretched in my place, feeling the stiffness becoming more apparent from the awkward position I had fallen asleep in. I was stuck in the corner, Cal asleep on one side of the sofa and JJ on the other, not leaving me much room to sleep in a comfortable position.

Lifting myself off the sofa, I wrapped the blanket around myself, as it was a tad chilly, and made my way to the stairs. Just as I took the first step, I heard the toilet flush, so I quickly made my way up whilst there was still light paving the way. Harry's soft footsteps sounded across the landing, as I got to the top. I whispered his name as I reached the top step, not wanting to scare him and wake everyone up.

"Harry." He jumped a little in the bathroom doorway, spinning his head round to face me.

"Fuck sake, nearly fucking shit one, Phia! What are you doing?" I let out a little chuckle, making my way over to him.

"You hit my foot when you got up, I've woke up really stiff so I'm getting into the spare bed."

"Sorry, didn't mean to wake you. Jammy cow though, taking the spare bed, I woke up to Ethan's gammy foot in my face." He pulled a face, pretending to be sick.

"Join me then." I didn't leave him any time to answer as I started to ascend the next set of stairs to go up  to the last floor.

"Wha... What, really?" I nodded, looking back at him he was stood with a surprised look on his face, before shaking his head quickly and making his way towards me. "What about the others?"

"What about them?" We were slowly making our way up the stairs, not wanting to be too loud with the boys being asleep in Cor's room.

"Well they'll wake up in the morning wondering where we are... They'll be asking questions you know."

"Well that's inevitable, it's them lot." He quietly laughed as we walked into the spare room that Harry has become accustomed to over the past few months.

"Yeah. Yeah you're right with saying that. There would be something wrong if none of them rinsed me for it." Letting out an almost silent laugh, I got into the right side of the bed, bringing the duvet up to my shoulders, watching as Harry hesitated. I raised an eyebrow in questioning, wondering why he's not getting in. "I-I... I usually just sleep in my boxers, but it's alright I'll sleep in these." He was wearing some grey jogger bottoms and a hoodie that had the word 'childish' on it.

"Oh don't be silly, you'll be roasting in that, sleep in whatever, I don't mind." With that I got comfortable and closed my eyes, only opening them slightly when he stumbled. I was pleasantly surprised at the sight before me, the small amount of light coming through the window, from the streetlights, illuminating his bare chest. The small tummy that he was sporting actually making him more attractive, the light scattering of chest hair, toned arms... IT wasn't until I looked back at his face that I realised that I had been staring, and that he had caught me. I felt the heat rise on my cheeks as a buried my face into the duvet. 

The left side of the bed dipped a little as he got in, laying on his back, he pulled the duvet up his chest leaving his arms free. He let out a heavy sigh as he got more comfortable, his legs knocking against mine as he did so. I felt a little weird sharing a bed with someone again, only being used to having Cormac joining me in my bed. I wasn't sure on what to do, so I lay quietly besides him, listening to his breathing. We lay like this for a short while before he let out a sigh, I opened my eyes to look at him, much to my surprise he was already looking at me.