~ Twenty Seven ~

Saturday 9th November 2019

"Is it bad that I'm actually so nervous for him? D-does that - does that make me a bad friend?" He paused, looking off to the side before looking back at me. "Yeah, that makes me a bad friend, doesn't it. Oh nelly. Ohhh nelly!" I watched as Harry paced across his hotel room, in only a pair of boxers, as he's was supposed to be getting dressed ready for the boxing event.

"That doesn't make you a bad friend at all, bub. Take a breath." He stopped in his tracks, shooting an incredulous look towards his phone, I chuckled a little, causing him to let out an exasperated sigh. "Don't give me that look, just take a breath. It'll do you some good." He sat down on the bed, taking in a couple of deep breaths before looking back up to his phone, giving me a smile.

"Thank you. Thank you. Don't know how you manage to do it..."

"Do what?" I rest my phone against the TV in Cormac's room, whilst I packed a little overnight bag for him. He's staying at my sister's for the night, and will be going for a day out tomorrow, whilst I stay up to watch JJ's fight with Harper, who's got a child free weekend too.

"Manage to calm me down like that. I would've worked myself up if I wasn't on the phone with you." I stopped packing Cor's bag for a moment, making my way over to the TV cabinet, where my phone is.

"Think it's a mum thing, I have to do it all the time with Cor. But hey, I'll always be here to talk to, especially in times like these, because I assume they come around often." I sent a small smile his way, before getting back to packing Cormac's bag.

"Yeah, that makes sense. You're too good to me, you know that..." I looked at him on the phone screen, now up and looking through his clothes. "Far too good for someone like me." It was almost a mumble, just loud enough to sound through the phones speaker. Possibly something I wasn't supposed to hear.

We held a comfortable silence as he picked out his clothes and I finished packing the overnight bag, stuffing in Cor's favourite dinosaur teddy before zipping the bag closed.

"What's your outfit for tonight then?" I had picked my phone up, now making my way down to the living room with Cor's bag over my shoulder. 

"I'm not sure, you know. I'd be happy enough going in my normal clothes, but Ethan and Cal have both told me I can't wear that tonight." I laughed, agreeing with Ethan and Cal. He definitely can't turn up to this event wearing his usual Sidemen apparel.

"Let's see what you've got then." Putting the bag down near the front door, I made my way over to cor, ruffling his hair as he was doing his homework, then making my way over to the sofa and lounging back into the corner.

He pulled out each item from the small wardrobe in his hotel room, all of which gained a "no" from me, until he pulled out a pair of light blue/grey pair of check trousers.

"Yes, those. Please wear those." He looked at them, then to me with an unsure face. "Trust me, you'll look good in them."

"I don't even know how these got in here... I've never seen them before."

"My bet is Ethan put them there. Right, do you have a white shirt? Proper shirt, not a t shirt." He gave me a dirty look, one that definitely meant 'how did you know I was going to wear a t-shirt?'.

"Yeah... I have one. What shoes should I wear because I know you'll tell me off for wearing trainers." He smirked, making me laugh.

"You know me well, ha! What smart shoes do you have?" With that he picked up a pair of brown smart shoes.  "Yeah, they will look good actually. Go on then, put it all on and I'll tell you how it looks."