~ TWENTY ~

Sunday 8th September 2019

"Cormac, we've got to go!" Standing at the bottom of the stairs, shouting the same words up to Cormac for the seventh time in the past five minutes. It takes approximately forty minutes to drive to the zoo, and we have less than thirty minutes until we are due to meet Harper and the girls. So I'm about ready to lose my rag with Cormac taking his sweet time to get a move on.

"I'M COMING MUM!" When did my seven year old become a moody teenager? He stomped past me, out the door and slouched against the car.

I can already tell that today will be one that tests my patience.

His mood only seemed to intensify, with each mile we traveled, the worse it got. Once we pulled up into the car park, I turned off the engine, released my seatbelt and turned in my seat.

"Right! Cormac White what is with the attitude today?" I raised an eyebrow at him, waiting for answer, but I was faced with a grumpy look and folded arms. "Sweetie... Are you ok?"

"No." Well at least it was an answer...

"Ok... Is there anything I can do to help?" He stayed silent for a moment, peering at me through his lashes.

"I really liked yesterday..."

"Me too, baby. But why's that making you sad?" I reached my hand out to hold his, as he got a little bit upset.

"I want to have more days like that."

"We can do that, we can go on plenty more days out. Like today, do you know where we are?" To be fair, looking out the window all that could be seen is the zoo's car park, so i can safely assume that he still doesn't know what is happening. The surprise will still work out.

"You promise?" He held out his pinky finger for me to link mine with, as we were joing our pinky's together he spoke up again. "Where are we?"

"Well, if we get out the car, you will find out. You ready for that?" He nodded and took off his seatbelt. We got out the car, going round to the boot to take out my bag of the usual parent supplies. Snacks, drinks, wipes, plasters... you name it.

Walking towards the zoo's entrance, Cormac was holding my hand, seeming to be in a much happier mood now.

"Can we see Harry, uncle Cal and uncle Lux again soon?" Those boys have really installed the uncle title in my boys head. Still have no idea what that was all about, I definitely need to ask Harry if he got any answers from the Cal's about that situation.

"Uhmm... I will ask Harry, he might be busy working though."

"Aww, ok!" We reached the entrance, seeing Harper, Darcy and Pearl waiting for us. I let go of Cormac's hand as he ran towards the girls, squealing as the three of them embraced eachother in a small group hug. I pulled Harper into a separate hug, greeting her as we parted.

"You look gorgeous Harps, loving the outfit." Her pink hair slightly curled, standing out against her dark blue dress that had little dinosaurs on it. Now, if Cormac would to ever want to wear a dress, then this is definitely one he'd want to wear.

 Now, if Cormac would to ever want to wear a dress, then this is definitely one he'd want to wear