Who is the Enemy?

"If it wasn't those three, then who stopped us in the temple there?" wondered Maya and sipped the green tea.

"Maybe charms," said Advika and put down her coffee mug.

"As in?" asked Ray and took a big bite of the sandwich.

"Sorcerers can put charms on a particular place to protect it from intruders," explained Advika.

"So, the charms like, are like a hurdle in the intruder's path?" quizzed Zarna.

"Yes. Charms can stop the intruders, in this case, us, to achieve their goal or stealing anything," added Maya.

"But, why did that magical bowl show us as Kings and Queens?" wondered Tej.

"I noticed we were wearing different crowns," said Advika and sipped the coffee. "It kind of reflected our personalities and choices somewhere."

"Yes, I noticed I wore a crown of flowers and gems, something close to nature, I believe," said Zarna.

"What was my crown like?" asked Maya.

"You wore a Diadem," observed Advika, her voice tinged with a sassy undertone. "Seems like a badge of royalty."

Maya arched an eyebrow, a mischievous smile playing on her lips.

"Well, Advika, some of us are just born with that innate regal flair. It's hard to resist the allure of a Diadem."

Advika rolled her eyes and gulped down the coffee, feeling the lingering bitterness on her tongue.

"I think the dress, the crown, maybe even our sitting arrangement signified something," guessed Zarna and munched the chips.

"Like what?" questioned Ray and put a handful of chips in his mouth.

"Tej sat in the center, Advika to his left, Ray to his right, me next to Advika, and Maya next to Ray," elaborated Zarna.

"Are we the secrets of the elements?" quizzed Ray.

"Quite possible," said Maya.

"Yes, because we're learning things about the five elements. We'll become the elements, maybe," said Advika. "This is insane."

"So, what next?" said Maya.

"That key. Ray, do you still have it?" asked Tej and turned to look at Ray.

Ray licked his hands and wiped them on his shots. The girls made faces.

"Ray, there's a tissue right beside the plate," said Advika. Maya giggled and nodded her head.

"Ah, the wonders of Ray's singlehood revealed—reason number one: lack of proper hand-wiping skills," said Zarna.

The girls burst into laughter, finding the situation hilariously comical.

"Very funny," said Ray and removed a key from his pocket.

"The book should also be there," said Tej.

"Then, are we going back to the temple?" asked Zarna.

"It'll be risky," said Advika.

"But the thing is that. Do we really need to find the book of this key? What if it's a waste of time?" wondered Maya.

"Or we might find something interesting that could help us win against our enemies," said Tej. 

"Speaking of which, who are our enemies exactly?" wondered Zarna.

"Azazel, maybe," said Maya. "Not sure about those three."

The lights flickered sporadically, casting eerie shadows across the room. In the midst of this unsettling ambiance, a sudden clatter reverberated through the air as a glass shattered against the floor.

Caught off guard by the unexpected disturbance, the girls let out a collective scream, their voices intertwining in a symphony of fear and surprise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey lovely readers,

Hope y'all enjoying the story.

Stay tuned for more coz the adventure has just started!