Energy Transfer

Zarna raised her hands and rested them on Tej's shoulders. Her eyes closed as she pressed her lips together, a tear tracing a path down her cheek.

"What is she trying to do?" asked Ray, looking on with concern.

"Calm him. She can influence water," explained Advika.

"Oh, yeah, right," said Ray, nodding. "But won't that hurt her?"

"It will. Fire and water aren't friends," added Maya, flipping through the pages of the book.

"If you're looking for a way to calm him down, the book hasn't revealed it yet," said Advika, taking the book from Maya and flipping through its pages.

"Someone just said that the book hasn't revealed anything," Maya remarked, crossing her arms.

"Zarna," said Advika, stopping at a page. "Feel the moisture in the air. Feel the cold breeze, be aware of it, be one with it. You have the power within you."

Zarna experienced a tingling sensation coursing through her entire body. Goosebumps sprouted on her skin, and her cheeks paled. The air surrounding her thickened and grew cold.

Advika observed tiny droplets of water forming on the grass, while Ray rubbed his palms and glanced skyward. Dark clouds drifted overhead, unleashing an abrupt drizzle.

"Now imagine you're transferring this energy to Tej," instructed Advika, closing the book. "Imagine you're transferring this calm, cold wind's energy to him."

Zarna lowered her head, her hands still resting on Tej's shoulders. The atmosphere around them grew chilly and damp. 

Tej, after a moment, opened his eyes, his voice hushed and unsteady. "Thank you," he murmured. A cold sweat broke out on his forehead, and he wiped it away with his forearm.

"Are you all right?" Ray inquired, taking a step closer. Tej nodded and straightened up, gripping Ray's hand.

"It's difficult to handle that kind of energy," he explained. 

"Your body's still warm," Ray observed. 

Advika touched Tej's forehead with the back of her hand, then placed her hand on Zarna's. "Both of them have the same body temperature," she noted.

"Energy transfer," Maya concluded.

"We should call it a day and rest," suggested Advika, sitting down beside Zarna. "You guys need to take it easy," added Maya, settling down beside Tej.

Tej sat up straight, holding Ray's hand. "It's been intense," he said. 

"You're right. Your body is still warm," Ray remarked. 

Advika noticed Zarna sitting quietly, her gaze distant, lost in thought. Curious, Advika approached her friend and sat down beside her. "Hey, Zarna, what's on your mind?" she asked gently, placing a hand on Zarna's shoulder. Zarna looked up, her eyes reflecting a mix of emotions. "I'm just thinking about everything that's been happening," she replied, her voice soft. "It's all so overwhelming." Advika nodded, understandingly. "I know what you mean. It's a lot to take in. But we're in this together, okay? We'll figure it out."

"I think," hopped in Maya. "If time comes, we can protect each other. Just like how you helped Tej."

"Yeah, we've got this," added Ray and patted Tej's back.