Escaped

Ray took a breath, his voice a soft whisper, "I really hope she didn't spot us." Advika closed her eyes and massaged her temples, seeking calm. Meanwhile, Maya and Zarna were on the verge of nodding off in the backseat of Tej's car.

"Let's head back," suggested Ray as Tej started the engine.

"If Rutuja saw us, it'll be hard to go to the library again," Maya breathed heavily. "That was too close," added Advika, also out of breath.

Tej rolled his eyes and teased, "How do you girls get so winded? You seriously need to hit the gym with me."

Zarna defended their honor, "We just had a hearty meal, Tej, that's all." Ray, looking around, asked, "So, where are we headed now?"

"My house," Tej answered, keeping his eyes on the road ahead. Ray followed up with, "Your parents aren't home?"

"No," replied Tej.

~~~~~~~

Rutuja's face lit up with joy as she welcomed Rishi back from his training. She gently placed her hand on his as he animatedly shared his experiences, especially his encounters with werewolves.

Rishi sported a sleek black shirt and jeans that accentuated his fair complexion. His hair was neatly styled with subtle spikes, and his lips curved into a warm smile as he held Rutuja's hand.

"I can imagine how challenging it must have been at first, but it becomes more fascinating and manageable with time," Rutuja assured, acknowledging his newfound expertise.

She herself was dressed in a stylish black wrap top and classic blue jeans, with her hair cascading freely around her shoulders. A pair of elegant studs adorned her ears.

Rishi inquired, "Is Daksh still causing you trouble?" Rutuja let out a sigh, her expression weary but determined. "Yes, he is, but I've learned how to handle him."

"You're a resilient and formidable young woman, Rutuja," Rishi praised, his smile growing wider.

"Thanks, Rishi," she smiled. "I'm concerned about the book. I hope it's safe wherever it is," she said and sipped her cold coffee. 

"I'm sure Dai Ma has taken good care of it," Rishi added with a reassuring smile, finishing his burger.

Rishi noticed the worry in her eyes and reached out to gently grasp her hand. "We'll safeguard it, Rutu, together," he assured, his gaze locked onto hers. Rutuja's smile returned, reassured by his words.

In a tranquil moment, they sat together, sharing comfortable silence, before Rishi broke it with a mischievous glint in his eye. "So, how did your training with the werewolves go? Any fascinating encounters?" he inquired.

Rutuja laughed; the weight of her concerns momentarily lifted. "Oh, you can't even imagine," she replied, shaking her head.