Sabotage

Daksh's eyelids fluttered open, revealing a jagged and uneven terrain beneath him. The luminous full moon beamed down, casting its radiant glow upon him as he strained his eyes to adapt. Amidst coughs and exertion, he summoned his remaining energy to stand upright, his glance sweeping across the environment.

A mixture of confusion and disbelief washed over him as he took in the sight before him—a small hut standing proudly in the moonlit night. His eyes widened in disbelief as he caught a glimpse through the small window. Inside, a woman played joyfully with her three young children.

"Mom," Daksh murmured softly, a tear escaping his eye and trailing down his cheek.

Another woman, older and wiser, gently lifted the eldest boy into the air, their gazes fixed upon the moon above. "Brother, Dev," Daksh whispered, his attention captivated by the boy's striking blue eyes.

"Danj," Daksh's voice cracked, his hand reaching out as the mother lifted one of the twin boys. "Brother, Mom, Dai Ma," he stammered, his emotions overwhelming him, causing him to collapse onto his knees. Hot tears streamed down his face as he embraced the bittersweet reunion with his long-lost family.

Startled by the faint footsteps approaching him, Daksh swiftly turned his gaze in the direction of the sound. A silhouette emerged, gracefully riding atop a magnificent chestnut horse. "Dad? Rio?" Daksh wondered aloud, his heart filled with a mixture of hope and confusion, propelling him to his feet.

As he moved closer, his eyes widened with a mixture of shock and trepidation. Before him, a massive army was advancing, their presence foreboding. Could it be Azazel's army? Daksh's thoughts raced, and he spun around just in time to witness Dai Ma, Indra, hastily leaving the house with a young boy in her arms—7-year-old Devansh.

The truth struck Daksh with an unyielding force, causing him to close his eyes and sink to his knees. It was the dark night that had stolen everything from him—his mother, his brothers, his entire childhood. It felt as if a searing hot iron rod had pierced his heart.

Summoning every ounce of strength, Daksh rose to his feet and sprinted toward the hut. To his astonishment, he passed through the physical walls of the dwelling as if he were an ethereal being.

"Mom," he murmured, tears welling in his eyes as he caught a glimpse of Rio galloping away, his elder brother Devansh bound to their father, Indra. Taking a deep breath, Daksh turned on his heel, his determination renewed.

"Devansh!" Tara's voice quivered, on the brink of disbelief, as her eldest son emerged from his hiding place. Daksh turned abruptly, squinting his eyes to confirm what he thought he had seen—Devansh riding alongside Indra on Rio.

Overwhelmed with emotion, Tara clutched a book tightly to her chest and wept. "Oh, my son. What have you done?" Her tears flowed freely, mingling with the anguish in her heart.

"Tara," a voice resonated, instantly recognizable to Daksh. A surge of recognition washed over him. "Grantha," he whispered, a solitary tear tracing a path down his cheek.

~~~~

"Shouldn't the Prince be here already?" wondered Zarna as she swung her legs from right to left, sitting on the enormous white rock.

"What do you think?" said Maya as she leaned towards Advika. "Will the Prince hurt Daksh?"

"I don't think so. And Daksh will not lead him someplace else, will he? Or more like, can he?" she said.

"No," said Rishi as he leaned on a tree trunk. "Daksh, or rather anyone, cannot just fool the Prince. He has powers we don't know exists."

"And yet he needs some college going students to get a damn book," said Maya and crossed her arms. "No offence, Grantha."

Rishi glanced at Advika. She nodded her head and closed her eyes. Grantha, the Prince has not arrived, he trapped Tej, Ray, and he has Daksh. Can you please tell me where they are?

"No response," she said. "Why isn't she replying," she whispered more to herself than to Maya. She could feel her heartbeat go all haywire, her breath short and her palms sweaty. "If I lose connec-"

"Relax, relax, Advika," said Rishi as he walked towards her and kept his hand on her shoulder. "Advika, calm down," said Maya.

"You fine there?" asked Zarna.

Advika showed Zarna a thumps up and gave her a weak smile. Advika stood just out of the protection circle, whereas Maya and Rishi stood inside. Keeping her out of the circle would ensure her mind and energies be kept away from the Prince.

"Just breath," said Rishi. "If you panic, you lose calmness, and that would hamper our mission."

Advika nodded her head and coughed. Maya rubbed her back as Zarna kept the book on the stone. 

"No, Zarna, don't," stammered Advika. "Don't get down."

"Advika, relax," said Maya. "I don't know I can't just. . . breath," she said. Rishi tightened his grip on her shoulders. He put his head down and closed his eyes.

"What are you doing?" demanded Maya and gave him a slight push that sent him outside the circle. Advika fell on her knees, gasping for air.

"I'm trying to heal her!" he snapped back. "Just let me."

He rushed towards Advika and placed his hands on her shoulders. 

"Maya," called Zarna. "Just let him help."

Maya extended her hands, delicately splaying her fingers in front of her. The raw power within her seemed to ripple through the air, resonating with the storm that brewed within her. Her eyes glimmered with a mixture of determination and restrained fury, as if they held the potential to unleash the tempest itself.

Rishi glanced at her and gave her an 'I know' look before directing his attention to Advika.

He took several deep breaths and felt Advika's body temperature drop every passing moment.

"I wish Tej was here," said Zarna more to herself than to the others.

~~~~

A deafening blast erupted, shattering the red bricks into a shower of fragmented particles that engulfed the room. Tej, Ray, and Rutuja were forcefully propelled against the opposite wall, their hands instinctively shielding their heads from the onslaught.

As the dust began to settle, Rutuja coughed and rose from the debris, brushing off the dirt that clung to her jeans. She immediately recognized the figure that had caused the explosive entrance.

"Master Indra!" she exclaimed, her voice filled with relief and urgency. She rushed towards him, embracing him tightly as if seeking solace and protection in his presence. He tenderly patted her head, his gaze shifting towards the boys.

"Take me to the forest," he commanded. 

Tej extended his hand to help Ray up, their eyes locked in a shared sense of purpose. They knew that time was of the essence, and they had no choice but to lead Indra into the heart of the forest.

~~~~

Until next time. . .

Stay tuned for more. . .