The Mysterious Second Floor

Zarna searched through the books, hoping to find any information on the elements. The cover of The Magical Waters by Deba Grey caught her attention, featuring a blue sea with waves crashing against a harbor. She sat down in a nearby chair and began to read.

In ancient times, sorcerers used water as a medium to travel through time. By holding their breath, they could transport themselves to the past or future. Water was a powerful element, capable of both calmness and ferocity, similar to fire.

To practice this magic, the sorcerer needed to clear their mind of all thoughts and focus on the energy of the water. Zarna sighed as she returned the book to the shelf.

Tej strode into the library with Daksh in tow. Tej went straight to the literary section and plucked a book off the shelf at random.

"Daksh," said Rutuja, turning to face him. 

"We need to talk, now," he demanded. She eyed the people in the library and signalled him to leave.

"I understand," Daksh replied, taking Rutuja's hand. "But please, Rutu, I need to speak with you urgently."

"I can't leave the library unattended," Rutuja whispered, extricating her hand from his grip. "I'll see you in the evening."

Daksh nodded and departed from the library.

Maya stepped into the library, slinging a bag over her shoulder. "I'm sorry, but bags aren't allowed inside," Rutuja informed her politely. "No problem," Maya replied, setting down her bag on the desk near the entrance. 

As she glanced around, her eyes caught sight of a staircase leading to the second floor. "I had no idea there was another floor," Maya remarked to herself. Rutuja nodded, fanning herself with a paper. "Yes, it's closed for maintenance," she explained. Maya nodded but couldn't help wondering if there was a way to sneak up there. She headed towards the Occult section, determined to find what she was looking for.