Another Book

We are here. Together. Some Moon Prince wants you. And I don't know why. Please show us the way Grantha.

The wind picked up, rushing past her ears, accompanied by the distant chirping of birds. Her hair danced in the gusts, while goosebumps formed on her skin.

"Looks like a storm is brewing," Ray speculated, observing the changing atmosphere. Advika slowly opened her eyes.

"What did you hear?" Rutuja inquired; anticipation evident in her voice. "Did Grantha respond?"

Advika shook her head slightly. "Not yet" she responded, her voice filled with unwavering faith. "But I believe she will."

Zarna pulled Advika closer as patches of grass began to emerge from the previously barren land. A smile graced Advika's lips as she glanced at her friends.

Before their eyes, the forest began to manifest, taking shape and revealing its magnificent presence, beckoning them forward.

"We aren't handing over Grantha to the Prince, are we?" quizzed Zarna.

"Well, of course not," said Advika. She turned to face Rutuja. "You must be knowing something about him. We need to know as much we can about him."

Rutuja sighed. "Didn't get much time to do the research," she said. "But yes, we can go to," She paused to look at Rishi, who was busy mesmerizing the materializing lush green forest.

Daksh took a step forward to step inside the forest.

"Wait!" said Advika. But it was late. He had already stepped inside, however, pushed outside by what looked like an invisible force.

Rishi caught him in time. He swivelled to look at Rutuja and then at Advika.

"Grantha," she said. "She doesn't fully trust him, as you know."

"We can't leave him outside," said Rutuja. 

"Why don't you go wherever you said you think you'll get clues about this moon prince," suggested Advika. "Get to know his weaknesses, while we figure a way out of this, talk to Grantha. I don't think she will show up in your presence, especially Daksh."

"Then I'll come with you guys," said Rishi and looked at Rutuja. "I'll go with them inside. You go to. . . Go and find more about him."

The five knew that the lack of trust was from both sides. Neither of them trusts the other. But it was only fair. They had known each other as enemies. Unaware of the other's true motives.

"Okay," said Rutuja.

"Come back here," said Advika. "I'll ask Grantha to let you in."

Rutuja nodded her head. She held Daksh's hand and disappeared.

"Let's go in," said Maya and strolled towards the forest. Everybody else followed.

Rishi lifted his right foot to step inside. Thought for a moment, then slowly placed his foot on the ground. Nothing happened. No repulsion. He sighed and put his other foot forward.

"How did the forest accept him and not Daksh?" wondered Zarna as they strolled towards the white rock.

"He isn't evil or something, unlike Daksh," said Advika almost in a whisper.

"Daksh isn't evil," said Rishi as he picked up the pace to walk beside Advika. She glanced at her friends, surprised. She was sure she whispered and wasn't loud.

"You can hear. . . you have the ability to hear, right?" she quizzed. 

"We all do," replied Rishi. "No, you can hear better. You have a strong earning sense," elaborated Advika. "Guess that's one of your many powers."