Revealing Things

Rutuja's black heels clicked against the library floor, their sound echoing through the tranquil space. Her attire, a white lace top with a high neck and dark blue jeans, exuded an air of sophistication that mirrored the library's elegant furnishings. As she wandered from section to section, her eyes eventually landed on a book adorned in a vintage cover. Intrigued, she reached out and ran her fingers over its surface, which bore traces of black and red paint spills.

The title read 'The Moon and Magic' by Huro. Curiosity piqued, Rutuja pulled out a nearby chair, settling into it before flipping through the pages of the book.

~~~~

"Stop! No!" Rishi's voice echoed through the air as he forcefully pushed Daksh away, quickly closing the swirling portal. The powerful vortex seemed to devour everything in its path, creating a sense of dread and chaos.

Daksh regained his footing, determined to reach the vanishing portal. He moved towards it, driven by an intense urgency. However, Rishi swiftly intercepted him, blocking his path and physically pushing him in the opposite direction.

"Let me go!" Daksh shouted in frustration, forcefully shoving Rishi aside. But it was too late—the portal had disappeared, leaving only a void in its wake. Frustrated and overwhelmed, Daksh grabbed Rishi by his collar, demanding answers.

"Why? Why did you do that?" Daksh questioned, his grip tightening.

Rishi, breathless but resolute, replied, "I couldn't allow you to meet Azazel, not at this moment."

Daksh released his grip, taking a step back, his mind reeling with confusion. How could Rishi have known his secret, a secret even Indra was unaware of? The realization left Daksh grappling with a mix of astonishment and apprehension.

~~~~

"That's wonderful news," exclaimed Ray, taking a seat beside Swarna. Advika settled into a nearby sofa chair, her face beaming with happiness. Swarna, filled with joy, patted the empty space beside her, urging Advika to come closer. Advika complied, her smile widening as she nestled beside Swarna.

"I haven't had a chance to tell Tej yet," Advika remarked. "I tried calling, but he seems to be occupied."

Swarna, her hand still resting on Advika's head, expressed her gratitude, saying, "You kids have always been there for Tej. I'm grateful to have you all by his side."

Just then, the doorbell rang, and the sound of hurried footsteps reached their ears. Zarna and Maya rushed towards Swarna, their faces filled with relief. Advika and Ray rose from their seats, creating space for the warm embraces that followed.

"We're so glad you're okay," Maya expressed, taking a seat next to Swarna. Zarna followed suit, joining them on the sofa. "Absolutely," she added, her voice filled with genuine affection. "You're our favorite aunt."

Swarna, touched by their words, gently caressed both girls. "I was just telling Advika how fortunate Tej is to have such amazing friends," she said, a sense of gratitude evident in her voice as she lovingly gazed at the group.

Ray removed his phone from his pocket and hit the call button. "Where are you, mate? You should be home."

"Had come to see Dad," replied Tej. "He's fine now. The doctors said they'll discharge him soon."

"Yes, we know, buddy," said Ray and sat on the sofa chair. "You were busy; we couldn't tell that to you. Now don't go back to the office. Come home."

"I'll be there in a few minutes. Taneja uncle will wait near Dad meanwhile."

~~~~~

"Any luck?" inquired a voice, breaking the silence in the room.

"Not yet" replied Rutuja, placing yet another book back on the shelf. "I'm close to-" Her words trailed off as her attention was abruptly diverted. A surge of adrenaline rushed through her body, causing her heart to skip a beat. It felt as though her eyes were deceiving her, playing tricks on her perception. Slowly rising from her seat, Rutuja could feel her heart pounding in her chest.

Before her stood a woman, leaning on a wooden cane. Her back slightly hunched, her face showing signs of weariness. She was dressed in a white saree, with a rudraksha mala adorning her neck.

A solitary tear rolled down Rutuja's cheek as she hurriedly advanced towards the woman, longing to embrace her, only to find empty air in her grasp.

"One cannot grasp a soul, can they?" the woman remarked. "Dai Ma," Rutuja sobbed, her voice trembling. "Why?"

"My dear, it was crucial to stop the Prince, and I merely did my duty, so did Indra," said Dai Ma. "I've come here to guide you."

"You thought it would be easy for us to go on without you," cried Rutuja. "At least you would have let us face him."

"Rutuja, we would have if it was possible. Nevertheless, I've got no time to waste," said Dai Ma proceeded towards a section of the library and stood in front of a bookshelf. "Here lies the answer to all your questions," that was all she said before vanishing into thin air.

~~~~

Hey Lovely Readers,

Hope you're doing well.

What do you think of Daksh's secret? How does Rishi know about it?

Do let me know your views on it and the story.

Thanks.