Maya's vision

Tej and Ray braked suddenly as they reached the end of a narrow lane.

"Parekh Mansion," the nameplate announced, adorning the two-story white house with vibrant orange accents. Ray swiftly exited the car and hastened to the front door, unlocking it with urgency. Tej carefully carried Maya up the stairs, followed by Zarna and Advika.

Zarna adjusted the pillow as Tej gently placed Maya on the bed. Advika stood at the foot of the bed, her arms crossed, her heart racing. 

Ray rested a hand on her shoulder. "Advika, just try to relax," he advised, while Zarna comfortingly patted Maya's head. 

Finding it challenging to unwind, Advika struggled to reconcile her nature with the need to calm down. In contrast, Ray seemed to exude a natural serenity, akin to a ray of light.

"Maybe we're doing something wrong," said Advika, her voice filled with concern. 

"No, Advika, we're just not able to handle this energy," replied Tej. 

"I feel the same," added Zarna.

Maya's lips quivered and her hands shook. Advika rushed towards her. "Maya," she said urgently. Maya opened her eyes, sitting upright, and Advika held her hand. 

"Are you okay?" asked Zarna, and Ray handed her a glass of water. 

Advika helped Maya drink.

"I'm fine," said Maya, avoiding their gaze.

"You're lying," said Advika bluntly. "What are you hiding?"

"What is it, Maya?" asked Zarna with concern.

"Look at her eyes, she's lying," insisted Advika. 

"Okay, give her a minute," suggested Tej, trying to diffuse the tension.

"Yeah, what would you guys like to eat?" interjected Ray, attempting to change the topic.

"The golden opportunity of having food cooked by chef Ray himself," said Zarna and smiled.

Advika smiled and said, "A strong coffee for me."

"Cheese sandwiches or noodles will do," added Zarna, looking at Tej. "Yeah, no problem," he replied.

Maya smiled weakly and nodded. 

"I'll help you," offered Advika, following Ray to the kitchen downstairs.

Once they were alone, Tej sat beside Maya and asked gently, "What's wrong, Maya?"

"I saw Advika," Maya murmured. 

"You dreamt of her? But what happened?" inquired Zarna.

"No, it wasn't a dream. It was more like a vision," explained Maya, resting her head on the pillow. "What did you see?" Tej asked, as he plugged his phone into the charger, his eyes filled with concern.

"Apologies for the interruption," Zarna interjected. "So, it was this vision of yours that caused you to faint, not the energy overload?"

"I suppose so," replied Maya.