Who was it?

"We're not going back to the temple again," declared Advika and crossed her arms. 

The five friends had gathered at Ray's home, sitting in his bedroom. His parents were asleep downstairs in their bedroom.

"The spell," said Maya and sat on the bean bag. "It reversed everything."

"God saved us," added Advika and sat on the bed cross-legged, placing the cushion on her lap. 

Zarna sat next to her. "Yes, we were saved, but who was that person?"

"Was some boy, couldn't see his face, it was dark," said Ray leaning against the wall. 

"He trapped us," said Tej and sat on the ground, leaning on the bean bag. 

"It means he knew we were going to come. He planned it," said Advika.

"But he has seen us," said Tej. 

"What do we do now?" wondered Maya. 

"Focus on the book as of now. It'll tell us what to do," replied Tej. 

"But what if he comes searching for us?" asked Advika. 

"Exactly, he knows how we look," added Zarna. 

"I was thinking-" said Maya. Everybody looked at her as she paused for a moment.

"The old man... is he with that guy? Otherwise, how could he do all that?"

"True," said Advika. "It's quite possible that he has people with him."

"It means we need to hurry up," said Ray and wore his headband. 

"Yes, it's 12. We need to go," said Maya. 

"Where?" asked Advika. 

"To the moon," said Maya and faked a smile. 

"We are being followed. Is it safe to go to the barren land?" she questioned.

"The book will handle everything," said Ray adjusting his hair. "Let's just go, someplace where it is quiet."

"But the book should appear there, right?" quizzed Advika. 

"Let's go to our usual place if the book finds it fit. The forest will appear, else, we'll be transported someplace safe," said Tej.

Advika was doubtful about going out together with her friends. She knew they were followed by someone whose powers were still unknown to them. She had not yet recovered from the incident last night.

"You guys go ahead," said Advika. Tej spun around and looked at her. 

"Don't be silly," said Maya. "The symbols don't glow till all of us are together, similarly the book won't appear if we aren't together."

"Advika," said Tej and placed his hands on her shoulders. 

"Swe... I mean, I know you're worried, but trust me, when we're together, we can handle anything. Running away from things isn't a solution, is it?" 

Advika let out a sigh and nodded her head. "I just want all of us to be safe," she said. 

"We will be," said Tej and held her hand. "Now, let's go."

"You girls, go ahead. I want to talk to Tej," said Ray and smiled. 

Maya opened her mouth to say something, but Ray stopped her. 

"Man to man," he said. 

"Whatever," said Maya and marched downstairs. Advika and Zarna followed.