Wolves

Advika burst into the bedroom with a beaming smile. "Mom said yes," she announced, plopping down onto a cozy brown bean bag chair positioned across from the bed.

Ray grinned back at her. "Great! That means you can help me with dinner," he said, giving her a playful wink. Tej, their close friend, joined in with a smile, wrapping his arms around Ray's shoulders and giving him a playful squeeze.

~~~~~~~

The setting was a desolate, frozen landscape. The unforgiving winds howled, sending stinging snowflakes pelting against his face as he held his position. His hand tightened around the sword's hilt, and his eyes darted across the surroundings, searching for any hint of movement.

Six wolves advanced on him, their snarls piercing the frigid air. He executed a swift, circular swing of his sword, slicing through the air with lethal precision. Methodically stepping backwards, he skillfully kept the wolves at a distance.

In a remarkable display of dexterity, he deftly transferred the sword to his opposite hand and launched a bold assault. In a single, precise strike, he brought down two of the wolves, their bodies crumpling to the ground. The remaining wolves pounced, but he moved with the fluid grace and agility of a phantom, easily evading their deadly claws and gnashing teeth.

In a blur of motion, he melted into the shadows, leaving the perplexed wolves in pursuit of their elusive quarry. His footsteps, shrouded by the thick snow, carried him swiftly through the treacherous landscape, his senses sharpened as he navigated the unforgiving terrain, poised for any challenges that might come his way.

~~~~~

Tej leaned in close to Advika as they laid out the dishes on the dining table, paying careful attention to their arrangement. "I know you won't argue with her," he whispered, stealing a glance at Maya, who was engrossed in snapping photos with Zarna and Ray. Advika locked eyes with him and nodded resolutely. "Don't fret; I won't do anything that might jeopardize our mission," she reassured him.

"Alright, it's dinner time, everyone," Advika announced, and they all assumed their seats. Tej occupied the chair next to her, while Zarna and Maya seated themselves across the table from her, and Ray took his place on the other side of Tej.

Zarna eagerly spooned some of the steaming tomato soup, prepared by Ray, into her bowl and took a sip. Maya took a bite of the Manchurian, and her eyes widened with delight. "I must say, Ray, you're a fantastic cook," she complimented him. Ray grinned, clearly pleased. "Thanks," he beamed.

The group dug into the meal, enjoying the flavors and the company. Despite the high stakes of their mission, the warmth of the moment brought a sense of camaraderie and comfort. They shared stories and laughter, savoring the meal and the bond they had formed. In that fleeting moment, amidst the chaos of their mission, they found solace in each other's presence and the simple joy of a shared meal.