Back to the Cottage

"May I know where you have been?" questioned Indra, his imposing presence causing them to lower their heads.

Daksh quickly thought of a plausible explanation. "We went to the temple," he lied. "I wanted some time alone, so these guys came searching for me there."

Indra raised an eyebrow skeptically. "And why, in such a critical situation, would you seek solace in a temple?"

Just then, Dai Ma entered the small room in the cottage, her urgent tone interrupting the conversation. "Indra, the High Priest has summoned us. We must leave immediately."

Indra nodded, his expression growing serious. The mention of the High Priest's summons took precedence over their previous discussion.

They crossed their arms, closed their eyes, and disappeared, leaving the three of them alone in the room.

Rutuja let out a sigh of relief.

"Saved," Rishi remarked with gratitude. "Thank you, High Priest."

Rutuja pondered for a moment before voicing her thoughts. "The High Priest is located in Srinagar, right? At the Shankaracharya Temple?"

Rishi nodded as he casually tossed his jacket onto one of the six chairs surrounding the dining table. "That's correct. Why do you ask?"

Rutuja's brow furrowed with curiosity. "Considering his special powers, how is it possible that he doesn't know about the book being in the wrong hands?"

Rishi contemplated her question, his expression growing pensive.

"Those five might actually be good, you know," Rishi stated, taking a seat on one of the chairs. Rutuja began to respond but hesitated, her words momentarily caught in her throat.

"Yes, they did attack us, but it was in response to Daksh's initial aggression. It's not entirely their fault; they were willing to engage in conversation," Rishi explained, hoping to shed some light on the situation.

Rutuja glanced over at Daksh, a mixture of emotions playing across her face.

Daksh interjected, seeking to explain himself. "Well, I discovered that they possessed the book, and I thought—"

"Thought? You didn't think about informing any of us or even Master Indra?" Rutuja wondered; her voice laced with a hint of frustration.

"Alright, let's focus on damage control now," Rishi stated, placing his hand on Rutuja's to provide reassurance.

Daksh shot an annoyed glare at Rishi, who responded with a smirk.

Rutuja turned her attention to Rishi, seeking guidance. "What's our next step?"

"Well, it's obvious that Daksh knows where those guys live," Rishi pointed out casually as he filled a glass with water.

Rutuja's gaze shifted to Daksh, her eyes demanding the truth.

Daksh resisted the urge to throw a punch at Rishi's smug face.

"Daksh," Rutuja called out, her tone expectant.

Reluctantly, Daksh admitted, "Yes, I know where they live. I can lead us there."

"Good. It's settled then. We're going to their place to retrieve the book," Rutuja declared with determination, marching upstairs, her heels resonating with each forceful step.

                                                ~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

Are you excited for the big fight coming?

Let me know in the comments who would you cheer for.