{ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯-32 }

╭────────────༺༻────────────╮

 Redone because I wasn't happy with the last.

╰────────────༺༻────────────╯

_____________________________

The sound of glass shattering echoed through the building-

"What was that?" PJ jumped, looking up at the adults with concern. Error froze, his soul sinking. That wasn't good, that means Ink must've broken the glass! Alphys shrieked as she jumped behind Undyne.

Geno turned quickly toward the wall, breaking the emergency axe cabinet, pulling the axe from its slot. "Just in case he attacks us." Geno narrowed his eyes as he handed Error the axe, his hand visible trembling despite his confident look.

What was he supposed to do with this? He wasn't going to hurt Ink! But that might end up be the only choice. "Is there an exit down there? Somewhere he could get out?"

Error hoped he was trapped down there, he could get out and harm someone, or someone could harm him. "There's no way out, he can only come up the staircase!" Undyne said as she began creeping toward the area slowly.

"I'll go down there! If one of you go he'll kill you without a doubt, though there's a chance I could calm him." Error stepped in front of Undyne, stopping her.

"What if he attacks you?" Geno stepped forward putting his hand onto Error's shoulder- who tensed at the contact. "Then I'll defend myself." Error pushed Geno's hand off his shoulder before turning and steadily walking. "Watch the kid for me, if Ink comes up, run."

Error strode into the room with the large empty tank before turning around Error saluted before approaching the door, pausing to listen for any noise.

He heard nothing, not even a muted sound like something heavy being slid across the floor. it was silent. Error took a deep breath in before pushing the door open, sticking his head through to look down the stairwell, nothing but a burst of coldness.

The tank must have made the room temperature drop. 

A strange feeling rose in his soul, suddenly he felt scared, anxious. What if he died confronting Ink? Error shook his head before scoffing. "Who cares? It's just a silly mermaid." Error mumbled before he took a step onto the stairwell and began down slowly, being cautious once he could hear the noise of the water.

Once he could see into the room he crouched down, trying to spot the other before proceeding not wanting to risk being snuck upon. Error could see the shattered glass from there, water profusely pouring out of it like a waterfall, the floor was soaked water slowly rising. 

Though he wasn't going to be fooled, Ink was still in there. He stepped onto the floor and slowly fox walked into the room, checking all around him quickly. 

Where could the slippery fish go? The room was wide open unless he was hiding in the tank.

Error walked forward, pressing his back against the wall and unsheathing his sword, bearing both an axe and sword. His boots were getting wet, and while he despised his best shoes getting dirty this was far more important.