{ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯-36 }

╭────────────༺༻────────────╮

╰────────────༺༻────────────╯

_____________________________

Error grumbled as he strode down the hallway- during the fight they had moved Ink back into the tank so he wouldn't dry out. Error appreciated them wanting to keep him hydrated, but someone touching him didn't sit well with Error.

PJ pushed past Error to the door of the room Ink was held in; a familiar chill sent a shiver up his spine.

PJ wasn't sure how to feel about meeting the creature properly after what occurred, PJ wouldn't call himself scared. How could he? He grew up in the streets of a kingdom, begging for his next meal.

But anyone can fear something from the unknown. PJ can recall when his mother told those stories of mermaids; beautiful creatures with a magnificent voice, but this in front of them wasn't a mermaid.

Mermaids were beautiful, they preferred tropical waters and the sun shinning on their scales!

This creature wasn't ugly, but it wasn't beautiful or welcoming; large sharp spines forming it's fins. Long sharp claws and dull colors.

Preferring freezing dark waters to catch their prey by surprise: now it was infected by this disease! It could attack unprovoked at any moment.

PJ questioned his own sanity telling them there was a possible cure, he could've easily let the creature die, but something about how Error loved the creature made him speak.

If his mother had gotten a disease with no cure he wouldn't of liked knowledge being withheld from him.

He loved his mother, he loved his family. He knew what it was like to loose someone you loved.

"I'll talk to him first, make sure he's still in the right mind" Error spoke as he walked ahead of the kid; looking back.

PJ nodded his head and turned his face stern as Error walked down the stairs. He could do this, he'll finally have a conversation with something of myths!

PJ slowly walked down the hall as he got impatient, PJ peaked around the corner; watching the mermaid speak as it curled around the various rocks in the tank.

It had a slight rainbow glow to its tail and fins, it's scales began shinning.

That was more like the mermaids he knew.

But something else caught PJs eye that concerned him; the creature was littered in scars and it's fins had been ripped as if it's been battle worn.

PJ didn't remember these details on the first encounter with the creature, or even when he was sleeping in the medical room...

Ink perked up as he noticed the little kid peaking around the corner. "Is that the little kid I attacked?" Ink muttered as he stared the kid down causing Error to turn with a frown.

"Yeah, I thought you should meet him, he's staying with us." Error motioned PJ forward as Ink swam higher to get a better view.

PJ sauntered over and stood beside the larger attempting to hide any fear. PJ got a better look at the monster this time- behind the cracks in its arms were engraved tattoos; they were barely visible anymore, but PJ could make out a mermaid family.

The mothers tail had been cut off, the child decapitated, and the father hanging on a spear.

"Wow, he really looks like us."